How do they Survive ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rhythm Thief said:
Call me a humourless old bastard, but I can't say I approve. Let's face it, if it was "Taxi Racing" and it demonstrated a similar disregard for the rules of the road, we'd all be up in arms about it. To be honest, it's no wonder everyone hates us.

This would be my stance...

I would have no problem with these being prosecuted on the evidence of this video...

andygates

Yeah, but for lesser crimes. Very hard to kill anyone on a bike.

As for the original caption, how do they survive? Easy, and just like all good acts: it's not as dangerous as it looks. Same mindflip that non-cycling duffers at work have every time they look at our elite arses.

Maz

Guru
andygates said:
As for the original caption, how do they survive? Easy, and just like all good acts: it's not as dangerous as it looks...
You're probably right. It relies heavily on other vehicles moving a lot slower/stationary and obeying the traffic lights. If the cars jumped the reds as well, those cyclists would soon land on the tarmac.

Pete

That video has been posted umpteen times. Including at least twice on this forum, here and here for instance. Each time I feel uneasy about its existence. Time to leave them and move on?

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
Pete said:
That video has been posted umpteen times. Including at least twice on this forum

My apollogies ... it's the 1st time that i've seen it

I was just amazed that these guys ride like this through central London with such a total lack of respect for other people as well as their own lives

Simon

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Seen them before. If you want to see more just search 'Lucas Brunelle' on youtube and you will find alot of his videos.
I think they only ride like that for the camera, but damn they are good. Sometimes i think it would be cool to be able to ride like that, sometimes i think, if i did ride like that then my parents would be off selling my bike and not letting me out on it, and i dont wont to be taken down by a car.
Still makes me smile when i see the videos.

Tynan

Veteran
respect for others? wha? what cosseted world do you live in, who do they hack off, one black cabby, those delicate creatures? and the ped 'ploughed into' was standing in the road

as for them being on their arse if cars jumped red lights, cars do, and if they can jump red lights like that i suspect they can deal with cars coming through reds, if they ride in Central London professionally then i think they can handle the traffic

they're couriers, not commuters, not even a numpty driver would confuse the two. I'd like to think anyway

I'd love to be capable of that sort of riding, it must be one hell of a feeling

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'm very curious to know what went thru the mind of the driver in the Police car the guy misses hitting head on on New Oxford St. just by Center Point.

T x

gbb

Legendary Member
tdr1nka said:
I'm very curious to know what went thru the mind of the driver in the Police car the guy misses hitting head on on New Oxford St. just by Center Point.

T x

Yup...seen that one. What went through his mind ? 'Frikkin ell !!!'

Tynan

Veteran
no position to turn round, never catch him in the traffic, only jumping a light at the end of the day

and they see that all day long if they're city plod

I saw some rude boys in stokie a few years ago pull out of a line of traffic and accelerate round the wrong side of a traffic island and tear off as a cop car came round the corner in the opposite direction, a slight pause as the cops registered twenty drivers and peds all looking expectantly at them, then off they went to pull them over a hundred yards down the road to general begrudging approval

simonali

Guru
I wanna see the footage of some big fella knocking one of them stoopid c***s out for nearly running him over!

Anyone got a link?

CotterPin

Not really skillful - just relying on other people not to get in their way at the wrong moment. Exactly the same behaviour I deplore from cabbies who expect me to hold my line as they hurtle past within a millimetre of me.

Plague on all their houses. Cabbies, couriers, the lot of them...

Top Bottom