How do they Survive ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
they don't have any more skill(s) than a regular experienced cyclist?

wow

some people really will dig themselves into a hole to 'win' an argument

col

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
they don't have any more skill(s) than a regular experienced cyclist?

wow

some people really will dig themselves into a hole to 'win' an argument

Ok Ok maybe a little more:smile:,but show me where the better than most skills are?Other than just going fast through tight spots.

Tynan

Veteran
fast through tight spots is the main one, very fast through very tight spots is better

but allied to that is risk assessment and bike control, you can't go that fast against the lights and the peds otherwise

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I saw the video, and count me in as a grumpy fuddy duddy old man.

While I see they have undeniable handling skills, and the video has a certain excitement and daring factor, the problem for me is that they clearly put other people -and themselves -in danger by pulling some very questionable stunts. I don't think handling or driving skills at speed should be confused with safety.

Alas it seems some people on this board think it's cool and justified by other people's auto driving habits. Call me crazy, but I just don't think you have the right to be careless around other people, simply because some other (quite possibly completely unrelated) people were careless around you.

The next time I have a close call on my bike by some idiot who jumps a light, drives their car at the limit on the wrong side of a corner, let me just say I don't think I'll be doffing my flat cap with a wink and exclaiming: "Wow! I've got to respect their handling skills and their daring -and let's face it, I've seen some cyclists jump red lights, so by jimminy they're entitled to do it too!". There's a malodorous whiff of hypocrisy here.......

col

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
fast through tight spots is the main one, very fast through very tight spots is better

but allied to that is risk assessment and bike control, you can't go that fast against the lights and the peds otherwise

Thats the trip up point T,risk assessment,unless they have hidden esp powers that is,and can read the minds of everyone they are charging passed/at.

Top Bottom