How do you all store your bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Evening all,

Having cleaned out alot of junk from the garage ive been undecided where to put our bikes.

Had a quick look online and ordered these bike stands. Fitted them to the wall tonight but im still unsure, although you can still get around the bikes.
View attachment 357010 View attachment 357011 View attachment 357012
Let me know what you think and also how yours are stored in your garage.

Thanks

Hanging upside down from some cheap hooks in a beam, and attached to a turbo trainer.

Jimidh

Veteran
I've got four of my bikes on wall mounted racks on the garage wall with my wife and kid's bikes below them.

I've also got a cheap Halfords bike permanently attached to the turbo in the garage.

Julia9054

Guru
IMG_3037.JPG
I'm sure I have posted this pic before. I have 3 of these "pallet stands"

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Evening all,

Having cleaned out alot of junk from the garage ive been undecided where to put our bikes.

I had a friend build my shed around a Sheffield stand that's bolted through the floor onto the concrete base. Sorry, but those wall mounted efforts are rubbish. Can hacksaw through them in about 1 minute.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Living in a Welsh terraced house - space is a premium. So which ever of my 2 bikes are in use - is in the passage by the front door - the other hangs from the ceiling above the stairs, via one of these pulley system lift jobbies. Wife and kids bikes are in the shed (all BSOs so no worries about theft too much).

My mate lives in a small flat and keeps his mountain bike on a hook above the bath. This also helps when cleaning it - but probably contributed to his divorce.

Tim Hall

I had a friend build my shed around a Sheffield stand that's bolted through the floor onto the concrete base. Sorry, but those wall mounted efforts are rubbish. Can hacksaw through them in about 1 minute.
Surely it depends whether the priority is efficient use of space or security? Those wall mounted stands are really good at storing bikes in an efficient way, while still allowing you to use the rest of the space in the garage/shed/spare room.

Sadly, the wife just doesn't get that sort of art...:sad:

The next one might! ;)

Shaun

Founder
Asgard 3x shed for me too (no garage and no room for inside storage in our little house).

Looking at the OPs photo I'd be tempted to go for a similar set-up to @Crackle - if you've got enough height on the wall to accommodate the bikes in a vertical position on a wheel hook? It just seems like a bit of a waste of space to have them sticking out into the main part of the floor of the garage like they are now. :smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have 2 in the downstairs loo room, one in the hall and the trike is locked, at multiple points, to a couple of rings embedded in concrete in a locked shed, behind locked gates and a rather grumpy dog. Shed is alarmed.

Top Bottom