How do you all store your bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I have 2 in the downstairs loo room, one in the hall and the trike is locked, at multiple points, to a couple of rings embedded in concrete in a locked shed, behind locked gates and a rather grumpy dog. Shed is alarmed.
Alarmed? Positively terrified by that lot, I suspect ;)

I still lock my bikes to random heavy fixtures or tools. If you can ride a bike with a 3m ladder attached to it, well, you're probably agile enough to Houdini the lock.

Milzy

Guru
View attachment 357085 I'm sure I have posted this pic before. I have 3 of these "pallet stands"
I have access to endless pallets but won't ever do that.

Attachments

• IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 46

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
3 in the bike room :becool: (one is hanging up by the top tube on a bike hook), one in the living room, by the back door, ready to exit, two projects currently on the veranda under a tarpaulin.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Surely it depends whether the priority is efficient use of space or security? Those wall mounted stands are really good at storing bikes in an efficient way, while still allowing you to use the rest of the space in the garage/shed/spare room.

I had a bike nicked from work that was locked to one of the wall mounts. Some barsteward took it in broad daylight by cutting through the aluminium. So when I got the shed, I decided that security could do with beefing up!.

LiamW

View attachment 357314 View attachment 357313 I captured a room that was destined to be a sitting room. There are 60 IKEA drawers full of stuff in there. About 1500 kg. Two bikes didn't make much difference but another lives in the garden.
You really need to tidy that up.

Our 2 mountain bikes are on big hooks fixed to the garage wall. The 2 ebikes stand on the floor below the mountain bikes, as the ebikes are far too heavy to contemplate hanging up. It all I can do to lift them onto the bike rack on the back of the campervan, and that's only about 18 inches off the ground......

Top Bottom