How do you carry a frame while riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
possible to get it securely on your back but high up? i've ridden with a few bags before, one being a badminton bag and due to it's length it's quite hard getting on and off the saddle and trying not to get the bag caught on the saddle.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Attach 2 wheels, seatpost and saddle, possibly some brakes, a chain, crankset.... blah blah blah... then ride it home.

I'm not being too helpful, am I?

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Well thanks for that guys! Where would I be without you... ;)

:smile:

Just strap it to your back - I have carried one like that - it was shorter (and lighter)than my golf clubs which I often carry on my bike

GrahamG

Guru
Jesus, anyone would think that this is some totally insane thing to do based on the above suggestions. Just wear the main triangle like a messenger/shoulder bag. It's a quick errand run not some extended countryside blast FFS - and trust me, when you've got a load of metal sticking out from your person, cars give you plenty of room.

raindog

er.....
GrahamG said:
Just wear the main triangle like a messenger/shoulder bag.
+1
I've carried one like that - a bit uncomfy but if it's not for very far - and you can ride one handed for periods when it's safe and bear the weight of the frame with the free hand.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
GrahamG said:
Jesus, anyone would think that this is some totally insane thing to do based on the above suggestions. Just wear the main triangle like a messenger/shoulder bag. It's a quick errand run not some extended countryside blast FFS - and trust me, when you've got a load of metal sticking out from your person, cars give you plenty of room.

I'd second that. I've done it with two frames - you have to go with a bit of extra care, and keep fiddling about with the frame position so it doesn't get in the way, but it isn't difficult. And you're right about the extra room...

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
theclaud said:
I'd second that. I've done it with two frames - you have to go with a bit of extra care, and keep fiddling about with the frame position so it doesn't get in the way, but it isn't difficult. And you're right about the extra room...
Could this be the new Hi Viz? ;);)

Top Bottom