How do you live your life?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

dellzeqq said:
Love, friendship, faith in human beings

These things make me happy! So my happiness entails them! :becool: Perhaps I should have said something like contentment??

I can live without Dura-Ace though.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
yello said:
These things make me happy! So my happiness entails them! :smile: Perhaps I should have said something like contentment??

I can live without Dura-Ace though.
Then you are a saint....

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd like to think my lifestyle is how I am right now - all oily, and full of cake, and don't care about the fact.....

I let worry get the better of me a lot - and not in a useful get-on-with-it way, I just sink into Eeyoreness. My ideal, once the damn PhD is out of the way, will be to earn enough to be comfortable (and I can be comfortable pretty frugally), and not to have to do anything that preys on my mind when I'm not at work. As little stress as possible, and as much free time as I can manage - even if I'm never rich.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fab Foodie said:
But you will be in soooo many ways...

Corny, but true... I just know I don't have the temperement to thrive on stress. I'm one of life's pootlers, and I may as well make the best of that.

byegad

Legendary Member
Arch said:
I'd like to think my lifestyle is how I am right now - all oily, and full of cake, and don't care about the fact.....

I let worry get the better of me a lot - and not in a useful get-on-with-it way, I just sink into Eeyoreness. My ideal, once the damn PhD is out of the way, will be to earn enough to be comfortable (and I can be comfortable pretty frugally), and not to have to do anything that preys on my mind when I'm not at work. As little stress as possible, and as much free time as I can manage - even if I'm never rich.

Sounds like a good recipe! It sounds like you have it sown up.

D

Deleted member 1258

What matters to me? Home and family, good friends, happiness, good health and peace of mind. I am a natural worrier and one of the good things that came out of doing yoga recently was learning to have a quiet mind.
What p***** me of? people who cannot accept me as I am, people who get p***** of with me because I don't conform to their stereo types, people who want to change me into something I am not..

gbb

Legendary Member
How do i live my life ?
Quietly...without fuss and fret. (so quietly, i sometimes think it'll be a while before anyone misses me :blush:)
Get on with it (whatever 'it' is) and always do the best i can.
Try to appreciate we're all different and accept peoples shortcomings (as i hope they'd accept mine)
Dont be wasteful. (I dont spend money on a whim...if i buy it, i usually really want it)
Value what you have. (once i've spent my money...look after whatever it was you brought)
Always try to see the positive in things (and that aint easy sometimes)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch said:
Careful, you'll have people thinking....:blush:

Arch said:
My life is pretty much as you describe.

I only work as much as I need to to pay the bills, I make sure that the work I do is something I enjoy, I work for fun the rest of the time and I give plenty of time to the important things in life, family, friends and loved ones.

I don't even know how much I earn a year, I let the accountant and the tax man worry about that. I do work on my home as and when I scavenge enough bits to work with and I spend my leisure time reading and learning new things.

PashleyPrincess

I try to live my life as compassionatley as possible. Sometimes I find that hard to extend to myself though and I'd like to change that. I'd like to simplify my life and spend more time doing the more creative aspects of my life rather than spending time thinking and worrying about the nonsense involved in my rather boring administrative work.

What I'm struggling with at the moment is how to change the emphasis from work to family and creativity/relaxation...:biggrin:. Work just seems to be all pervasive and I hate that.

Top Bottom