How do you react to rude drivers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
One thing that really annoys me is when I’m approaching a crossing with a pedestrian island and a driver speeds up to get in front of me instead of just waiting a few seconds and then he or she can safely pass me.
Take primary so they can’t get past without knackering their car. It’s actually very amusing when that does happen

When in the car (years ago, i've calmed down now) i used to get very wound when i was cut up etc and nearly got into trouble a few times. A good friend suggested a solution that worked well (remember i'm talking as a car driver) and i velcro'd a part of an egg box on my dash board, enough to hold 2 eggs, when someone cut me up i just waited for the right moment and lobbed an egg at their car, usually aimed at the windscreen. I happily drove off knowing that someone would have to clean their car that day and if it were Summer then it would have dried on in a couple of hours..... all harmless and only dished out to those that deserved it:okay:

Nowadays on the bike i simply keep my mouth shut, no hand gestures and i simply take a picture of the car and reg plate, often the driver as well (assuming that it's possible) most drivers get concerned about that as they know they were in the wrong and were just bullying a cyclist with their metal box.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I simply take a picture of the car and reg plate, often the driver as well (assuming that it's possible) most drivers get concerned about that as they know they were in the wrong and were just bullying a cyclist with their metal box.

I agree. That's what eventually got me out of my "Duel" with the aggressive old git, it's a shame it took me a mile of backing off while he braked, reversed at me etc. As soon as it dawned on me to film it (this was a very quiet road with no witnesses), he immediately realised and drove off.

The funny thing is that the stupid c0ck obviously forgot how distinctive and memorable his w@nky vanity plate is... when I next see it parked I'm definitely smearing dog sh!t on his door handles.
Revenge is a dish that's definitely best served cold. And anonymously.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It depends on my mood but my preferred method is confusing them.

If a driver starts ranting at me I'll reply to each bit of abuse with a daft phrase like: "Yes, it’s a bit thundery, isn’t it?", "Probably quarter past three", and ".. keep straight on till you reach the church then it's second on the left."
The look of frustration on their face is priceless.

al78

Guru
Either ignore them or shake my head, it is pointless shouting at them because they are off and out of ear shot before I'd have the chance. I am more concerned with taking evasive action to be verbally confronting a careless driver. In my wildest dreams I'd be a powerlifter and flip their car.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have a bicycle perfectly equipped to deal with them:becool:
1ce527fcdfb1f71a830250f1df31d26f.jpg

Brooks

I'm very impressed how calm you all are I must say. I tend to give as good as I get and had an angry exchange with a motorist only last week. I didn't suffer from road rage when I drove for a living but it's amazing how many motorists lose it with cyclists, I tend to think they think it's alright to bully the cyclists.

Top Bottom