How does anyone actually do a 200 Km ride in one day ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Do you get mechanical assistance at such events Ian ? If not what do you carry gear wise to get you out of the poo. ?

No assistance. Audax is all about self sufficiency.

This is what I will be taking
Spare Inner Tube, maybe 2
Pack of Park Tools Patches
2 Tyre Levers
CO2 X2
Mini Pump
Mini tool incl. chain breaker
Spare quick link

eeer... I think that's it

mark st1

Plastic Manc
No assistance. Audax is all about self sufficiency.

This is what I will be taking
Spare Inner Tube, maybe 2
Pack of Park Tools Patches
2 Tyre Levers
CO2 X2
Mini Pump
Mini tool incl. chain breaker
Spare quick link

eeer... I think that's it

Pockets saddle bag or both ? And is the mini tool chain breaker combined ? If so which is it please ?

Done 200 miles a couple of times, depending on the time of year it is possible to take it steady and get away without using lights, 200 km is relatively easy depending on terrain.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
In my early days, the Sunday Club runs used to be all day rides, averaging about 90 miles, but with some specials thrown in such as Kendal & back and rides into North Wales (Glasfryn). With a starting point at Prescot (Merseyside), they were 140 - 150 mile rides. in the 80's rode the London to Brighton ride a few times, but riding to the start, from Longfield (Nr Gravesend), then rode home from Brighton!
I remember those days, club runs included stops for elevenses, lunch, and tea. None of this "Home before mid-day" nonsense.

It's not that hard, compartmentalise the ride into small chunks. Start early, stop often.

Sharky

Guru
Will be passing through Longfield on the way/return to/from Meopham.
Is it the Hop ride?
Say hello to the organiser (PMcM) for me and have a good ride.
If you turn left at Nick's on the way back, you would pass my house.

Cheers Keith

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
Done 200 miles a couple of times, depending on the time of year it is possible to take it steady and get away without using lights, 200 km is relatively easy depending on terrain.

Also did a 200 mile ride once in college. Finished in the dark. Made the first 100 miles seem easy.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Keep pedaling at a comfortable pace (for you), eat and drink regularly and don't hang around at controls or feed stops (no faffing). It's surprising how far you can go!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
For me the elusive magic ingredient is believing that I can pedal all day. I'd lost that belief for many years and I'm still not entirely sure how I got it back.

Top Bottom