How does one start a blog?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I hope this shouldn't be in Electtric - it's not really a tech question..

I've never really thought about a blog, but an idea occured to me today, and for the first time I wondered if it might be fun.

So how does one set one up? I get the impression there are hosting sites, or something. Does it cost? And is it as simple as something like posting on here, to upload text, or does one need any special knowledge...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Easy - go to http://en.wordpress.com/signup/ and follow the instructions! Wordpress is by far the nicest free system.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
alecstilleyedye said:
the hardest part, i imagine, is having anything worth blogging about. i know i couldn't manage a day's worth of non-drivel each day.

I find it hard to stop... but then it is basically my research notebook, and although I am conscious that people (especially in my academic field and UK civil liberties people) read it, that is not why I do it.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Great! I had one reply, and by the time I checked it out, I had more to confuse me!xx(

Anyway, thanks everyone. I'll have a look, and decide which, possibly at random...

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I have been using yahoo 360 for blogging. Its not up there with wordpress but it does work. You can do all the embedding things from youtube too.

Most of the time I'll just use youtube though, as thats a video blog site, people dont want to read I often find, they want to watch. Downside is that youtube is full of trolls.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
They used to say that if you gave an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of typewriters that eventually they'd create the works of Shakespeare... The internet is proving that this is bollocks...;)

Top Bottom