How early are you out

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by RoadRider400, 8 Jul 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    RoadRider400

RoadRider400 Active Member

I only chuck a bit of cold water over my face on the morning of a ride. No point having a shower seeing as im about to cycle 30-50 miles on my own. I shower afterwards.
    The bike, clothing and anything I need to take with me are set out with military precision the night before.
    30 minutes to have breakfast, get dressed, sort bag and water bottles, brush teeth and get out the door is plenty for me

marshmella, lazybloke and C R like this.
  2. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

And what about 3 mandatory visits to the bog ?

3. When I'm on my own I tend to leave early. Especially at weekends and holidays in summer there are lots of cyclists out on the cycleways and after nine or ten the routes near Stuttgart fill up with cyclists of wildly different abilities, speeds and attitudes to who has the 'right' to be on the cycleways so I try to get a good 20k between me and the city by then. I've noticed that it thins out very quickly at about that point which makes me wonder how far the 'serious' bike riders actually ride...

Last edited: 10 Jul 2019
  4. OP
    OP
    RoadRider400

RoadRider400 Active Member

Might just be you buddy.
    Although im convinved my bladder is no larger than a thimble, but given I am cycling in the remote countryside at silly o`clock in the AM, that isnt so much of a problem.

Andy in Germany likes this.
  5. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Who mentioned the bladder ^_^.

6. lazybloke

lazybloke Über Member

Use someone's garden?
    Just to be clear, that's not a serious suggestion.

7. Nebulous

Nebulous Veteran

I can be up at 5.50 and out by 6, if I have everything looked out and my tyres are pumped up the night before. I do a couple of hours then breakfast and shower when I come back.

8. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Why waste all this time and water showering? Simply sleep overnight in the freezer and the germs will be killed by the cold.

C R likes this.
  9. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

And then there’s the Audax lot. No such thing as waking up because they haven’t been asleep in the first place. Or it’s up at 2,3,4 or 5am to go riding hundreds of miles around the country in search of cake and some stamps in their brevet cards.

10. wonderloaf

wonderloaf Über Member

I've thought about going to bed in my cycling gear but Mrs W was against it as my helmet would keep hitting the headboard.

RoadRider400, Wixsteman, C R and 2 others like this.
  11. flake99please

flake99please Make mine a '99'

I’m usually up between 0300-0400 on my day off (Sunday). A quick cuppa, some porridge, and I’m out of the door within 30 minutes of waking.

Fantastic quiet roads, some quality ‘me’ time, and home by the time the rest of the family are waking.

hoopdriver and Andy in Germany like this.
  12. hoopdriver

hoopdriver Veteran

I’m usually out the door by around 0415 I’ve always been an early riser but I especially like being out on my bicycle at that hour. It’s easier getting up at 4 during the summer months when the sky is getting lighter, but I get up and out at that time during the winter too.

13. Charlotte Alice Button

Charlotte Alice Button Specialized Super Fan

I generally don't get up early for rides, unless it's a competition. However, since we have had VERY hot days....I have got up at 5:15am the last two Mondays to take my dog trail running at the woods.....I get there around 6am and then I have until 7:30am to run before it gets to warm....usual guidelines for dogs are combined temperature and humidity, on a fancy scale thing....very technical! haha!

Andy in Germany likes this.
  14. eddyb1988

eddyb1988 New Member

6am most days....ughhhhhh

15. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Out the door this morning at 05:40 for a ride, didn't get overtook by a car for a good 20 miles or so. Heaven.

RoadRider400 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice