1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how far do you commute?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by alecstilleyedye, 18 Aug 2012.

?
  1. <1 mile

22 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. 1-5 miles

245 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. 6-10 miles

298 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. 11-15 miles

241 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. 16-20 miles

142 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. >20 miles

208 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. Just now if its a recovery commute its 7-8miles oneway and if its a faster commute its 8-11miles oneway in the same time.

2. Drago

Drago Guru

I walk my commute each morning... about 20 feet from bedroom to kitchen.

3. RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube ~Tribanese~

Make us a sandwich luv

Slick likes this.
  4. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Regular

12 miles each way, along the Basingstoke canal. Lovely in the morning or afternoon when it's not dark yet, but that's about over for a while.. Sometimes with my 3 year old on a back seat who absolutely loves it!

TrishnBonnie and Velow like this.
  5. Velow

Velow Member

My average commute is about 16 miles and have been doing this on average 3 days a week for about 5 years. To keep it interesting I've got about 5 different variations which add a bit extra or take a slightly different route

6. greekonabike

greekonabike President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB

At the moment my commute is from my bed to the desk, so about two metres. In the new year it's likely to be about six miles each way.

GOAB

7. Slick

Slick Über Member

I've just moved house. I used to have a reasonable commute of 12 miles with 3 reasonable pulls that got you out the saddle and the heart pumping. My new commute isn't much longer at 15 miles each way but it's all down hill on the way to work and obviously all up hill on the way home. I still chuckle when I pass the point on my old commute when I was too frightened to continue for fear I wouldn't have the engine to get home. I'm hoping this new commute is the same, as it looks like a long slog home for un uphill weakling.

8. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Veteran

Having an extension put in?

9. greekonabike

greekonabike President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB

Being forced to work in the shed... Mum I mean 'outside office'.

GOAB

10. TrishnBonnie

TrishnBonnie Senior Member

My commute changed this week as I got a transfer to a store nearer to where I live and shorter shifts too. Can leave Bonnie now so no taking her to daycare first and no train so instead of two hour commute each way it's now a just under 3 mile pootle, lovely :smile:

burntoutbanger and JohnW71 like this.
  11. dim

dim Guest

I average 40km per day monday to friday ... (I work at several different sites daily)...

add my weekend riding, and I average just over 300km/week. I'm hoping to increase the distances of my weekend rides in Spring/summer and am hoping to ride approx 180km+ over weekends (120km ride and a 60km+ ride)

Tin Pot likes this.
  12. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Regular

That is serious work!

I feel very lucky that it's uphill in the morning for me, and an easy downhill after a long day in the office....

13. c.baker51

c.baker51 New Member

11 miles each way, still building up to doing the full 5 days a week..... Usually do 2 or 3 days per week

14. JD42

JD42 Hills are nature's way of culling the weak

8 miles in 8 miles back. All downhill in and a slog home. Regardless of how far it is I feel the act of motivating yourself to actually get on the bike at 0600hrs, especially in winter, is more satisfying than the ride itself..lol. :biggrin:

15. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Regular

I like that moment after having showered, feeling fresh and fit at the start of a working day..

Slick likes this.