Votes: 372 26.2%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 298 21.0%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 167 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 252 17.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
At the moment my commute is from my bed to the desk, so about two metres. In the new year it's likely to be about six miles each way.

GOAB

Slick

Guru
I've just moved house. I used to have a reasonable commute of 12 miles with 3 reasonable pulls that got you out the saddle and the heart pumping. My new commute isn't much longer at 15 miles each way but it's all down hill on the way to work and obviously all up hill on the way home. I still chuckle when I pass the point on my old commute when I was too frightened to continue for fear I wouldn't have the engine to get home. I'm hoping this new commute is the same, as it looks like a long slog home for un uphill weakling.

TrishE

Über Member
My commute changed this week as I got a transfer to a store nearer to where I live and shorter shifts too. Can leave Bonnie now so no taking her to daycare first and no train so instead of two hour commute each way it's now a just under 3 mile pootle, lovely :smile:

dim

I average 40km per day monday to friday ... (I work at several different sites daily)...

add my weekend riding, and I average just over 300km/week. I'm hoping to increase the distances of my weekend rides in Spring/summer and am hoping to ride approx 180km+ over weekends (120km ride and a 60km+ ride)

AnthonyC

Regular
I average 40km per day monday to friday ... (I work at several different sites daily)...

add my weekend riding, and I average just over 300km/week. I'm hoping to increase the distances of my weekend rides in Spring/summer and am hoping to ride approx 180km+ over weekends (120km ride and a 60km+ ride)

That is serious work!

I've just moved house. I used to have a reasonable commute of 12 miles with 3 reasonable pulls that got you out the saddle and the heart pumping. My new commute isn't much longer at 15 miles each way but it's all down hill on the way to work and obviously all up hill on the way home. I still chuckle when I pass the point on my old commute when I was too frightened to continue for fear I wouldn't have the engine to get home. I'm hoping this new commute is the same, as it looks like a long slog home for un uphill weakling.

I feel very lucky that it's uphill in the morning for me, and an easy downhill after a long day in the office....

JD42

Hills are nature's way of culling the weak
8 miles in 8 miles back. All downhill in and a slog home. Regardless of how far it is I feel the act of motivating yourself to actually get on the bike at 0600hrs, especially in winter, is more satisfying than the ride itself..lol. :biggrin:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Just under 20 miles each way, 5 days a week.

It's costing me a small fortune in fig rolls.
That must be costing you a small fortune in toilet paper. :whistle:

Mine's still the same as it's been for about 6 years, about 18.5 miles each way for 5 days a week, and with lots of hill climbing. I'm so used to it now, though, that I don't eat more to compensate.

prawny

I need to get to the stage where I don't feel the need to eat more, it's been just under a year this stint of commuting, not there yet, but getting better.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Another change of job means I will be going from a 25 mile each way drive (on unsafe to cycle, IMO, roads) to a 0.9 mile cycle commute! Looking forward to not wasting 90 minutes per day just getting to and from work, not to mention the stress and expense involved.

Top Bottom