Votes: 372 26.2%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 298 21.0%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 167 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 252 17.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Currently 10.5 miles but I'm looking at changing job which will be 21.5 miles. I'm both looking forward to this and apprehensive at the same time as one route would take me almost past my current job, so when it's pishing it down with rain I'll undoubtedly be thinking "if I was still working for the NHS I'd be here by now"...

Enough people already say "from Didcot?!" when I tell them where I cycle from currently so god knows what people will say at double the distance...

JohnnyRoyal

Mine is a 7.9 miles each way. However I work shifts so sometimes I ride in the rush hour or I am riding home at midnight! the roads are much better then^_^

Do you take anything for recovery?
They were recovery paced commutes and other than my tea nothing was needed. Had off site meetings the next week and only managed 41 miles plenty of rest days and plenty of recovery in between commutes.
With the weather supposedly getting better I'll up the intensity of some and may take something for recovery after (raid the local shop for a milk shake and food :okay:). That was the plan tonight but I got caught in a lightning storm and forgo the shop :rain:

waldiman

Finally decided to do the commute. 6.5 miles each way. Majority is over two canals, so not much traffic to deal with.

FortuitousFluke

Just moved jobs so I've gone from 8 miles each way Cambourne to Cambridge, to 10-12 miles (dependent on route) from Cambourne to St Neots station, and then about 3.5 miles from Kings Cross to Tower Bridge on the glorious Boris Bikes. I actually quite like it, first leg is nicer than my previous commute, better scenery, and I'm pretty nosey so riding through the City and across London Bridge every day is quite interesting too. Ask me again in January though!

Last edited:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
3.2 Miles each way. A bit boring, so I have been using the Single speed on a 34/14t ratio, to make life a little more interesting, especially on the final hill

Chappy

Guru
I have just moved jobs so I am now able to ride my bike 28 miles each way ^_^^_^:bicycle:. Currently I am doing this 2 times a week but will up it to 4 times when i build up my strength.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I have just moved jobs so I am now able to ride my bike 28 miles each way ^_^^_^:bicycle:. Currently I am doing this 2 times a week but will up it to 4 times when i build up my strength.

28 miles ? Wow, that's nearly as much as I do both ways in one week!

Well done

gbb

Legendary Member
Just started, 27 mile round trip. Only done it one day each week so far but hoping to get more in as the weather gets better.
My problem is my job is physically demanding and I'm walking approx 17 thousand steps a day. I've not really got organised yet either, blooming running around at each end trying to remember and get everything together.

si_c

Guru
Just started, 27 mile round trip. Only done it one day each week so far but hoping to get more in as the weather gets better.
My problem is my job is physically demanding and I'm walking approx 17 thousand steps a day. I've not really got organised yet either, blooming running around at each end trying to remember and get everything together.
I have to get everything ready the night before, or it doesn't get done.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom