1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how far do you commute?

Discussion in 'Commuting and Utility Cycling' started by alecstilleyedye, 18 Aug 2012.

?
  1. <1 mile

21 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. 1-5 miles

239 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. 6-10 miles

294 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. 11-15 miles

239 vote(s)
    21.0%
  5. 16-20 miles

140 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. >20 miles

205 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. prawny

prawny Active Member

Just under 20 miles each way, 5 days a week.

It's costing me a small fortune in fig rolls.

smiler1207, Starchivore and dim like this.
  2. That must be costing you a small fortune in toilet paper. :whistle:

Mine's still the same as it's been for about 6 years, about 18.5 miles each way for 5 days a week, and with lots of hill climbing. I'm so used to it now, though, that I don't eat more to compensate.

classic33 and prawny like this.
  3. prawny

prawny Active Member

I need to get to the stage where I don't feel the need to eat more, it's been just under a year this stint of commuting, not there yet, but getting better.

4. Slick

Slick Über Member

You can tell, just by looking at your picture.:laugh:

prawny likes this.
  5. Brandane

Brandane DunBrowzin,CC..

Another change of job means I will be going from a 25 mile each way drive (on unsafe to cycle, IMO, roads) to a 0.9 mile cycle commute! Looking forward to not wasting 90 minutes per day just getting to and from work, not to mention the stress and expense involved.

Slick and Drago like this.
  6. Drago

Drago Guru

I can't be arsed to go to work, so I don't have a commute.

clid61 likes this.
  7. clid61

clid61 Über Member

16 hilly miles round trip

8. KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike I do my own stunts

Currently 10.5 miles but I'm looking at changing job which will be 21.5 miles. I'm both looking forward to this and apprehensive at the same time as one route would take me almost past my current job, so when it's pishing it down with rain I'll undoubtedly be thinking "if I was still working for the NHS I'd be here by now"...

Enough people already say "from Didcot?!" when I tell them where I cycle from currently so god knows what people will say at double the distance...

9. JohnnyRoyal

JohnnyRoyal Well-Known Member

Mine is a 7.9 miles each way. However I work shifts so sometimes I ride in the rush hour or I am riding home at midnight! the roads are much better then^_^

10. Icarus

Icarus New Member

10 miles each way. Flat along the river towpath past Chiswick and up through Putney - beautiful ride.

11. It's been 20miles a day this week on average of very slow active recovery miles this week for me.

12. Dreamer21

Dreamer21 Regular

Do you take anything for recovery?

13. They were recovery paced commutes and other than my tea nothing was needed. Had off site meetings the next week and only managed 41 miles plenty of rest days and plenty of recovery in between commutes.
    With the weather supposedly getting better I'll up the intensity of some and may take something for recovery after (raid the local shop for a milk shake and food :okay:). That was the plan tonight but I got caught in a lightning storm and forgo the shop :rain:

14. Changed my vote.

Now commuting about 14.5km each way.