Votes: 373 26.2%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 300 21.1%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 167 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 252 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
New commute when I'm in the office is 10 miles in the morning, more scenic mostly traffic free route. 8 miles back (but much more uphill) as traffic free route not so appealing in the dark

As I'm probably only going to be in the office 1-2 days, I'm not sure I'll cycle once it's colder and darker

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My commute is changing in November.
I have been doing my Kent/SE London commute for the past 13 years now. 31 miles round trip 5 days a week.

I'm moving to Maidstone which means a 72 mile round trip if I was to cycle commute.
Now that ain't gonna happen. So it's going to be Bike/Train/Bike combo.

Though I can imagine I will at least do the full 72 mile trip every now and then.

Randombiker9

I cycle to college 3 days a week which is 4 miles but x2 (because I do morning and afternoon) j do 8 miles a day. So 24 miles a week
(I just cycle around for fun on the days I don't have college)

Is the vote per each commute or per day (Morning and afternoon)? I assumed it was per each commute.

Last edited:

JhnBssll

Veteran
7.5 miles each way for me. I try and cycle in at least twice a week but in reality it varies; some weeks I cycle in every day but I can go a couple of weeks without cycling once... A few small hills to deal with but I tend to take it easy, average time of about 35 minutes. It has quickly become my preferred method of commuting, especially when the weather behaves itself! This will be my first winter so I'm intrigued to see how often I get the bike out in the coming months :blush:

Kefrider

Regular
12 miles each way. 45 minute ride. I commute mainly in the warm summer days (when we have them!!) can't really be bothered getting on to my bike at 6am went its dark and cold. Should really though. Maybe someone here can try and persuade me

Grumpy_Git

Only 2.5 miles each way to the station and back but I do cycle all year.

Sun, rain, snow, wind. And ALWAYS in shorts....

Slick

Guru
Hey how do you find it doing this distance for work? I'm thinking about doing a 52 mile round trip 3 days a week but my job is quite physical and I'm worried about burning out.
It would certainly be enough to burn me out, but everybody's different. Give it a go and find out.

Top Bottom