Votes: 372 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 297 21.0%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 167 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 252 17.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rnscotch

Veteran
At the moment 16 miles round trip, but start a new Job on Monday so will be 32 Miles round trip.

15 mile round trip 4 days a week. I also do shifts, and i've noticed after the bad weather there's a lot more potholes to hit in the dark!

Reactions: Diz

Richg

11 mile round trip. With the better weather here now....perhaps a little more miles on the way home

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
Used to cycle 12 miles each way from South Queensferry into Edinburgh on quiet roads and cycle paths. really enjoyed it. Been off the bike many years after being clipped by the wing mirror of a flat bed truck and them driving off and leaving me in a heap in the gutter on a country road. Started getting back into it recently so 3 miles to the train station then 3 miles to the office at the other end so I guess 12 miles a day with train in the middle. Think I will eventually get the courage up to do the full 14 miles in then back home one day on the road, see how it feels

J_H1026

52 mile round trip for me which takes about 1hr 45 each way. Not the most interesting route but it's relatively quiet, has a couple of cheeky hills and it does take in some some nice countryside until I get to Bristol. I find that mid week I do start to get tired and the Mrs starts getting upset when I fall asleep at about 2100. I can always chuck the bike in the car and make it 16 miles each way but driving the last 10 miles doesn't actually save me that much time. I've cycled all year around, in some horrible weather, and after a couple of rather expensive services at the LBS, the prospect of buying a commuter is looming large. The Mrs is almost buying into n+1, as opposed to being firmly in the n camp.

About 29 miles round is a normal commute for me now. I'm only doing it three times a week though.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Between 12 and 20 miles, depending on my mood. Usually, the quickest route, 12 miles, from Northampton to Burton Latimer in daylight, and whatever mileage I feel like on the way home in the dark along unlit country lanes.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
30 mile round trip..........3 mile up(300ft climbing) and 12 down into work
12 miles up(1200ft climbing) and 3 down home from work........

thats why i now commute via ebike......3 times this week

FLYINGGATER

Retired now but my last commute was 12 miles each way from Pasir Ris to Seletar Airfield in Singapore. 80 % of the ride was on a fabulous cycle paths. The ride was not without challenges, heavy rain and thunder storms (storm shelters provided essentialey they were Faraday Cages) Great wild life included monitor lizards a great verity of snakes, monkeys and a family of 9 otters. The bikes were either a Surly Steamroller Fixed Wheel or a Brompton. The locals found it very hard to believe a 67 year old Ang Mo (Caucasian) would choose to ride to work let alone on a Fixed Wheel.

Top Bottom