How Far Do You Commute ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
24 miles a day, 5 days a week.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
35 miles is pretty good. Any scr thrown in for good measure ?

Sometimes yes. All part of the game. I do enjoy it sometimes. Especially good when going up Bromley Hill. And even better when you pee a sky clad roadie out the back. (They don't like cyclists in baggies and with panniers doing that
thumbsup.png
)

BinBag

Or cure you !
20 miles round trip is a nice distance.
Somebody must do 80 miles though surely.

I'm about to move with work and my commute will be 38 miles one way.....having said that, I'll only be doing the bike once a week, and on a Friday so it's dress down day and I can leave at 12noon! :thumbsup:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
well I'm ashamed to admit that mine is around 1.5 miles, both ways... takes around 5 mins. The upside is after coming a cropper on a slimey paving slab on the way home last night and damaging my wrist... walking is a viable alternative :thumbsup:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
76km return - 80km if I take the scenic route home - mind you I did 104Km last friday - rarely drive to work - twice this month - usually when I need to be in super early or am leaving late. Looking forward to getting soaked tomorrow!

Hicky

Guru
If I use the roads then its around 13 miles(26 round trip) with a few hills nothing major.

If I use canal then it pushes it closer to a 30 mile round trip, becomming nicer by then week as they're slowly tarting up the canal towpaths.

Normally 4 times a week, 3 if I'm working weekends.

Strick

My actual direct commute is around 7.5 miles each way. I'm currently doing this 3 or 4 times per week, plus every other Saturday.
Some mornings if i'm running early I will add a few miles on. I also have a friend who works close by and we commute home together a couple of times a week. We usually go a different (indirect) route to clock up some extra miles.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
I've only just started commuting (see other posts!) doing one day a week for the first couple of weeks, then two days last week – today I cycled in for the third time this week! Only 14.2 miles each way :biggrin:

Top Bottom