How far will the battery take me on and ICE Adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
After a great deal of research I bought an ICE Adventure and am very happy with it. I haven't done any long rides to see what the limits so was wondering. It has three levels of boost. How far can I expect on flat, level terrain at each level.

If you do Facebook this group has quite a few members with the electric assist.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/124878678149976/

Clever, my laptop shows battery left as most laptops do, it actually measures the power used, not simply voltage, my car uses just voltage, my wife's car measures in/out as to most with stop start functions. Be it Nickel, lithium or lead the voltage is not a good indication of state of charge, so to show % it needs some form of measuring usage, not simple voltage.

My bike does not say even how much is being used, each of the 5 levels of assistance seems to be linked to the speed at which assistance switches off, so unless very steep hills, at level 2 I am doing around 12 MPH some power from legs and some from battery, but hard to tell how much assistance I am getting, so also hard to know how much battery is being used.

My wife's e-bike with Bosch mid motor and battery, is very different, it has Eco, Normal, and Boost, plus walk assist, and the three levels seem to be how much power is being used, all three levels work throughout the 0 - 16 MPH range, with walk assist stopping at 4 MPH.

It is far better on the hills, but also cost a lot more, and does not fold, and I wanted a bike which could be locked up inside the car secure no worried over some one stealing it, and ability to be rescued by anyone, even if not bike rack. Does not quite do that, will not fit in the Jag, although have a tow ball for that so can use bike rack, but does fit in Jazz, and Sorento. Wife would never let me put it in her Jag even if it would fit.

The train I have carried it on, but needs to be left on the veranda outside, with Pickering carriages, will go inside with the wheel chair adapted carriage, but so will a standard bike. Never tried carrying on a bus or standard gauge train. Looking at bike racks on the buses think I would need more mussels to lift it that high, and they don't like bikes in personal part of bus as it could cause injury in the case of an accident. So need a big bag so not obvious it is a bike.

Top Bottom