How fast have you cycled?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was skipping through some cycling stuff on the web and i saw this.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tFpNsZXWgc&feature=related
He's doing 100kph which(they say)is 62mph. The fastest i've decended at is a modest 48mph and i don't mind admitting that i was wacking it! I knew the road well and there were no new hazards to be seen on the way up the hill but as you know, you never know what might appear in front of you as you speed down hill.

raindog

er.....
He's doing 100kph which(they say)is 100mph.
eh? 100kph is 62mph

Rykard

Veteran
51.2 mph down hill when i was a youngster, couldn't do it now as the descent in to the village now has speed bumps..

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
There is a nice series of three escarpments on the Riyadh-Taif Highway. Top speed on the last escarpment was 112.5kph.
007-2.jpg

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
44.9 MPH so far, (ish) can hit that on my main descent going home but with worn pads (should be replaced this week) i start braking quite early for the left -righ-left that comes in 2/3 rds of the way down!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
41.5mph on this hill: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Rhuallt-hill
It isnt too steep but it is nice and straight. From 650ft to <200ft within 2 miles.

However, there is another hill near me which I came across the other day and I am sure that I could go faster than that. The first and only time I have been down it I hit 39.4mph. But I was concentrating a bit on a 4x4 who I was proud of being patient behind me for the whole distance.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
41.7mph for me down Cothercott Hill on the Raleigh currently shown in my avatar picture (as I've mentioned on 3 other threads before, so apologies for repeating myself).

It's a pretty steep hill so I could probably go faster but I think I shall play it safe and be content with that.:thumbsup:

Linford

42mph. There is a big blind bend half way down and the road itself is not brilliant on skinny tyres.

Top Bottom