How fast have you cycled?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

calibanzwei

38.8mph coming down into Frodsham on a Dawes Discovery with full (both) panniers. The rear was a bit... skittish...

MrB1obby

Why did that one lad in the video give the other a push? Was it for safety? Does that happen often?
I was thinking that at first. But, I reckon because he is slipstreaming the guy behind is obviously going quicker so if he pushes the guy in front they can yet go quicker again, thus catching to the guys ahead.

Sounds viable in my head anyway.

subaqua

What’s the point
40.4 mph that i know about as a 15 yr old with a mechanical speedo ( OMFG that was 25 yrs ago !!) on my raleigh phantom. i know it was 40.4 as the Copper at the bottom of "the mile" who pyulled me in to give me a stern talking to told me so and showed me the radar gun. it was hard keeping a straight face

Mike5537

40mph on an anologue speedo about 20 years ago on my raliegh road racer. I was 10 or 11 going fown I think was a 1 in 4 gradient hill. Was fantastic. Now I want to try a hill near my house which decends over about 2 miles but its a busy trunk road so not too safe :sad: its the a605 from the A1 to elton outside peterborough if anyone knows it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
eh? 100kph is 62mph
Ahh! i must have been half asleep. I've corrected it.:thumbsup:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
43/44mph on a fairly short downhill 40mph road

Ive not been over 35 in ages though, id need more confidence in the bike and to find a road with a reasonable speed limit and low traffic. I dont want to be going down a road at 40+ and have someone close pass or even overtake at that speed. Also the mudguards start to go mental from turbulence over 30 and im a bit paranoid that theyll snag the tyre or something.

I love reading these kinds of threads, people are usually serious about cycling, fitness training, rules of the road etc but give us a big hill and we turn into children.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :biggrin: Is this just a man thing?

Top Bottom