How fast have you cycled?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
42.5 mph, on a cyclocross with 35mm tyres. Looking forward to breaking that limit now I have a proper road bike with skinny tyres!

Nearly there

Veteran
34.6 mph I always start to wimp out once I go over 30 Ive had a few pheasants run out on me at slower speeds so I always have that in the back of my mind.wells thats my excuse

47.6mph down the String Road in Arran and I'm a descending wuss, I'm sure other folk could hit 60mph there. I prefer a shallower downhill gradient that I can pedal through and sprint without feeling like I'm out of control; something like this, where I averaged just over 30mph and hit a max of 36.8mph.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Managed 40.1mph down what I thought I could get more today. I was really going for it as well. I need to find another road. There is one road which I could get up to 45mph on, but I really want to reach 50 and tick it off my bucket list.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Mine was today 49.91mph down the black rock from brynmawr to abergavenny - scary too

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
60 coming into Betws-y-coed in a group of 4 of us. More locally and recently, 55 coming off Woodhead towards Sheffield. Regularly get 40 plus on a local lump, and upto 50 on Chunal (just 8 miles from home).

MrB1obby

Wish I had a dam speedo! Just found a brilliant hill tonight about 9-10 miles from my home, must've got above 40 as a car was barely moving past me and it's a 50 limit...Although I'm pretending to myself that he was going 80 because it was a 5 series beemer estate :whistle:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My 48mph was a one off, i must have felt confident that evening about ten years ago. I haven't passed about 42/3mph for years as i'm happy with enjoying a decent and feeling safe(ish) at the same time.
I live near Pendle hill near Clitheroe Lancs have any of you ever flown down there?

Top Bottom