How fit are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...say on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is white van man and 10 is Lance armstrong (whoever he is).....I reckon I am probably approaching a 3 at the moment thanks to cycling

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
according to the health roadshow at work, i'm in "excellent" fitness, resting hr of 86. i think that most regular cyclists would probably rate as "excellent", as this is probably scaled for anyone from jabba the hut upwards.

domtyler

Über Member
A resting hr of 86 is pretty high alec, mine is about 46-48. Are you sure you got that right?

I would say that I am about a 6 or 7.

pw2389

alecstilleyedye said:
according to the health roadshow at work, i'm in "excellent" fitness, resting hr of 86.

No offence but 86 is not particularly brilliant. :biggrin:
The fitter devotees of this forum will probably be down in the 60s or 50s. Mine is probably in 60s-70s.

Smeggers

If you're a 3 BFTB them I'm a 3 too! (Maybe a 4 if i stretch the imagination).

Resting HR of about 75 ish mebbe.

walker

I'm around a 7-8, but after yesterdatys performance anyone would say I was around a 4.
Resting heart rate is between 52 and 58 depending on day befores activities

got-to-get-fit

reckon im about a 6

resting HR about 58

although today after sloggin away decorating my little boys bedroom im down to a 1 fitness

:biggrin:

Bigtallfatbloke said:
How come you all know your heart rates?

Cause we put our fingers on our wrists in the morning before getting out of bed. This is the way to measure your resting heart rate. Resting heart rate is a great way to measure improvements in fitness. As you get fitter, it will get lower. Also if you start overtraining, or you pick up an infection, your resting hr will be the first thing to let you know - any rise of more than 10% over your normal resting hr means either over-tiredness or illness.

pw2389

Bigtallfatbloke said:
How come you all know your heart rates?
Err...because I measured it. :biggrin: Just sit down for a few minutes and then count your heartbeats over a minute (or 30 seconds, etc) (measure it at the wrist or neck). Just done it now, and it was 57bpm. It's improved!

I'd still only rate myself as a 5 on your scale. Plenty of potential for improvement.

RHR = 55; Max HR = 185 (that I actually got, not a hypothetical one)
Probably around a 6.
What are your average HRs? I got 143 over 100k yesterday and I'm v pleased with that. A couple of years ago it was more like 165 over the same distance.

pw2389

Kirstie said:
What are your average HRs? I got 143 over 100k yesterday and I'm v pleased with that. A couple of years ago it was more like 165 over the same distance.

Doesn't it depend on how hard and fast you go at it? In other words, wouldn't your average HR over 100k be dependent on how quickly you completed the distance? What sort of time/average speed did you achieve for this run?

Slim

Über Member
Currently at 70 BPM resting.

Once upon a time it was 53 - but then again, the older I get the fitter I used to be (didn't that used to be someone's sig' ??)

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I counted my pulse twice...first time it was 58 then it was 62 in a minute....mind you I had trouble finding a bloody pulse....thought I was dead for a moment...

...mine seems to skip a beat every so often:wacko:

Top Bottom