How fit are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pw2389

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I counted my pulse twice...first time it was 58 then it was 62 in a minute....mind you I had trouble finding a bloody pulse....thought I was dead for a moment...

...mine seems to skip a beat every so often:wacko:

It will wander around a bit, mostly because you are thinking about it! As one of the other posters mentioned it will be at its lowest when you first wake up in the morning (and whilst you are still horizontal). Of course, the trouble is remembering to take your pulse before you get out of bed and lumber into the shower...:biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
if i put my HRM on, i can make my heart rate go down by watching it. is that normal or am i superhuman. got it down to 57 once.

col

Legendary Member
At the moment i would probably be a three ish.But fifteen years ago ,my mate and i were very competitive,and tried to get our resting heart rate lower than each other,i managed 45,he only got to 47,and was totally sick.At present im about 70.

pw2389

buggi said:
...i can make my heart rate go down by watching it. is that normal or am i superhuman.

That's quite normal. You can exert some control over heartrate for short periods of time. Oriental ascetics are renowned for it...

barq

My resting pulse sat at my desk right now is 57 with a max recorded heart rate of 196 a few months ago.

I don't really know how to rate myself on the scale but I'm going to guess about a 5 or 6. We could do this more positively and guess what percentile of the population we'd be at - it sounds better that way. :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
pw2389 said:
Doesn't it depend on how hard and fast you go at it?
Ooh, not 'arf....:biggrin: I try to get mine up* as often as possible

*heart rate

:biggrin:

campagman

Guru
There are two definitions of FIT. One is physical fitness and the other is how attractive you are to the opposite sex! I would say that I'm 7 (resting pulse 44) but on recent success with the ladies probably a 2.

pw2389 said:
Doesn't it depend on how hard and fast you go at it? In other words, wouldn't your average HR over 100k be dependent on how quickly you completed the distance? What sort of time/average speed did you achieve for this run?

My fastest ever - average 16.6mph - not fast by blokey standards but it's fast for me!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
campagman said:
There are two definitions of FIT. One is physical fitness and the other is how attractive you are to the opposite sex! I would say that I'm 7 (resting pulse 44) but on recent success with the ladies probably a 2.

Isn't there an inverse relationship with those two definitions of FIT. ie to be Fit physically you spend so much time training and recovering that you no longer appear Fit from a lady's perspective?
As with most things balance is the key - so go for a resting HR of 55 and some lady time could be yours.

I reckon I'm about a 5 for fitness level. Resting heartrate of 56. Used to be a bit fitter - maybe a 7 - a few years ago when I used to do a lot of running and hill walking. Unfortunately a knee injury :biggrin: meant I had to give up the running hence the reason why I know cycle quite a lot:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom