How Flat is the Earth ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I think it's the flat-earthers who are defiant.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Radio 5 covered this earlier with an interview with the president of the Flat Earth Society, which I was amazed to find out really exists. Apparently the space missions were all a hoax and the Russians and US have colluded since about 1960 to keep the secret that the earth really is flat. Also, NASA have people guarding the 'edge of the world' to make sure no one ever finds out about it's flatness. Well you live and learn :wacko:!

winjim

Smash the cistern
You're all a bunch of credulous gulls. The earth is hollow as any fule kno. Where do you think the aliens come from?

map_2972003d.jpg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You are all wrong. It's a square world -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqaNqE75xJ0

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Others believe that the Universe is 4000 years old. Some people just can't be helped.

I actually heard this the other day from a customer, or similar anyway. He told me ("and let me give you a bit of education young man" he said), the Earth is 44300 years old. We know this because God created the Earth in six days and he rested on the seventh. A day to God is 7000 years - we know that, it says so in the Bible, the Koran, everywhere - so it took him 42000 of our years and he's still resting. It's all there "

I was just utterly flabbergasted and a bit flummoxed.

tyred

Legendary Member
If the earth really was spherical it would be really easy for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere to cycle due south as we'd be all going downhill and really difficult to cycle due North as we'd be going uphill but as that doesn't appear to be the case I conclude the earth must be a sort of concave shape with my house at the lowest part as all roads from here seem to go uphill:wacko:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Radio 5 covered this earlier with an interview with the president of the Flat Earth Society, which I was amazed to find out really exists. Apparently the space missions were all a hoax and the Russians and US have colluded since about 1960 to keep the secret that the earth really is flat. Also, NASA have people guarding the 'edge of the world' to make sure no one ever finds out about it's flatness. Well you live and learn :wacko:!

I can now rest easy knowing that the planet is being guarded and that i am not going to fall off the edge because it's being guarded.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I actually heard this the other day from a customer, or similar anyway. He told me ("and let me give you a bit of education young man" he said), the Earth is 44300 years old. We know this because God created the Earth in six days and he rested on the seventh. A day to God is 7000 years - we know that, it says so in the Bible, the Koran, everywhere - so it took him 42000 of our years and he's still resting. It's all there "

I was just utterly flabbergasted and a bit flummoxed.

Its must seem strange having to call inmates of the asylum Customers..
Patients just sounds better

Top Bottom