How Flat is the Earth ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Brains

Brains

Legendary Member
I think we should organise a cycle ride to the edge.

The first task is to find the centre of the world , then we can work out where the edge is
I'd take a guess that it must be somewhere in the Bible belt of the USA, which means as China is as far as you can get from the USA, the edge of the world must be close to Hong Kong ,

Or has someone got a better idea ?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I think its just over the horizon @Brains

OP
OP
Brains

Brains

Legendary Member
I've just been sent a map !
The world really is flat!
I think we may have to re-plan the cycle ride idea, it looks like we have to go to the south pole

upload_2017-11-14_21-48-7.png

Levo-Lon

Guru
We could knock a steel pin in the centre, attach a bit of line so we can go round in ever decreasing circles?? H&S + risk assessed

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I actually heard this the other day from a customer, or similar anyway. He told me ("and let me give you a bit of education young man" he said), the Earth is 44300 years old. We know this because God created the Earth in six days and he rested on the seventh. A day to God is 7000 years - we know that, it says so in the Bible, the Koran, everywhere - so it took him 42000 of our years and he's still resting. It's all there "

I was just utterly flabbergasted and a bit flummoxed.
Was he a JW?

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Perhaps they could charter an aeroplane ( with a flatness pilot) to test their theory - though NASA would probably use smoke and mirrors to trick them into going round and round ....

TVC

I think we should organise a cycle ride to the edge.

The first task is to find the centre of the world , then we can work out where the edge is
I'd take a guess that it must be somewhere in the Bible belt of the USA, which means as China is as far as you can get from the USA, the edge of the world must be close to Hong Kong ,

Or has someone got a better idea ?
If you listen to some people on here they would tell you that the centre of everything is London.

I know, don't laugh too loud.

Levo-Lon

Guru
If you listen to some people on here they would tell you that the centre of everything is London.

I know, don't laugh too loud.

North or South ?

Reactions: TVC

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Sir Patrick Moore originally joined the Flat Earth Society as he thought it was a bit of tomfoolery, which appealed to his sense of humour. Apparently he soon left when he realised they were serious!

Top Bottom