How long before a hosepipe ban?

• Tomorrow

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Next week

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Bleh! I’ll still use it anyway. My bike needs to be clean and shiny

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Why do people water their lawns? Who cares about how green your lawn is.
Most other areas can be dealt with a bucket or watering can.

Talking to the groundsman at a local cricket club the other day. He says he's watering the pitch then covering it with the covers which they use to keep rain OFF the pitch. I've even notice the turf in the cemetery is shrinking. It's about an inch from the graves now. It's like a dried up bath sponge that will open up when wet again. If it carries on then i'm going for a ban being introduced in about a month. Is this summer drier, warmer than the one of 1976,we always hear about? I think it's going to better it!:sun:

Edit...As long as Mr Palm's getting watered i'm happy! If they introduce a ban around here i'll have to sneak out late at night to give him his recommended 2 liters of water every two days.:secret: :whistle:

Random Question Accy - why do you spend so much time in the cemetery?

FishFright

More wheels than sense
With the moorland fire issues in my part of the country there has been some talk on the news about water supply continuity and suggestions were made that consumers should be sensible and conserve water where possible.
i guess that is the opening shot in the process that leads to a hosepipe ban being introduced.
i reckon if we dont get any proper rainfall in the next two weeks then a hosepipe ban will be rushed in shortly after. My money is on a ban being put in place on or before July 20th if the rain doesn't come.

Sadly people are way too important to worry about " such nonsense" and will carry on regardless then whine like puppies when there is one

:laugh: I'm glad someone's asked me that. It's a very well maintained cemetery. You're away from all the hussle and bussle. I know more people in there than outside it.

Supposedly Frankie Howerd used to enjoy the peace of a graveyard, he'd do his rehearsing in them.
I've often stopped for a break at the church at Silkstone Common. It's off the road and has gorgeous views.

Drago

Legendary Member
Random Question Accy - why do you spend so much time in the cemetery?

Because his real name is Norman Bates? ;)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[QUOTE 5294666, member: 259"]I think they recycle water at car washes. It certainly sometimes smells like they do![/QUOTE]
Would it still be affected by the hosepipe ban, or only if the washer is lying about girth? ;)

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'd imagine all my plants at work are now dead or very sick..9 days is too long to be away this weather ,but that's nature for you.
The water buts ran dry a few weeks ago and it's not a watering can job to be honest.
Shame, but I don't like hosing gardens ..

Top Bottom