How long before a hosepipe ban?

• Tomorrow

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Next week

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Bleh! I’ll still use it anyway. My bike needs to be clean and shiny

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To alleviate the shortage, the local swimming pool has closed lanes 1, 3 and 5.

snorri

Legendary Member
I notice there is still snow on the hills, we should be ok for water for some time:smile:.
It would be a bit annoying to have a hose pipe ban during a period when hoses are a pleasure to handle as a result of the effect of the higher temperatures on their flexibility. I would welcome a ban in winter when hoses adopt the flexibility of steel rope.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5305599, member: 259"]Strict no hosepipeban in force here since Friday. Near neighbour washing his cars with a pressure washer on Saturday. But it's Ok, he's a copper.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Arrest himself you mean?

andrew_s

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5294942, member: 259"]If I remember right it starting peeing it down days after Denis Howell was appointed minister for drought in 1976. Perhaps they should give that useless twonk Gove the job.[/QUOTE]
According to my memory, he (Denis) ended up dealing with floods instead.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
United Utilities just emailed me that our ban starts August 5. Bolton area.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I heard the interview with their spokesperson on the news this morning. She didn’t seem to worry too much about the fact about the fact they they lose 25% of their water through leakage :huh:
That's well down on when I worked at Thames Water 10 years or so ago. I think it was over a third for them at the time. United Utilities are now one of the worst at 20-25%. Still a lot of water though.

I think the UU ban covers us from the 5th August as well

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
That's well down on when I worked at Thames Water 10 years or so ago. I think it was over a third for them at the time. United Utilities are now one of the worst at 20-25%. Still a lot of water though.

I think the UU ban covers us from the 5th August as well
And to give it some context, a hosepipe ban in an unusually hot period reduces water consumption by 5-10% ie. a whole lot less than the leakage lossses

Top Bottom