How long before a hosepipe ban?

• Tomorrow

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Next week

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Bleh! I’ll still use it anyway. My bike needs to be clean and shiny

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I’ll just switch from hosepipe to pressure washer.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just had an email from United Utilities saying please don't water the garden.

I'm only selectively watering pots and the sunflowers. My front lawn is yellow.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have about 4,000 litres stored underground, would a ban apply to that?
It all depends on how you get it above ground to use, if you have fixed piping then no issue of you have to use a hose pipe then yes. There was a case last time when somebody was using a hosepipe to drain his used bathwater was prosecuted as it doesn't say it has to be connected to the mains supply. Difficulty is I'm sure somebody would just fill the bath so they could then use the water to water the lawn

screenman

Legendary Member
If a ban comes into force,will it be illegal to sell hosepipes till we get some rain and the ban is lifted?

I doubt it, no reason to.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The impending ban is because utility companies can't cope with the surges in demand, not because of a shortage. I'm guessing that people are coming home in the afternoon and watering their gardens. In Cheshire yesterday the pressure dropped to 25% of normal for a few hours, I expect for this very reason. Cheshire being flat I bet they have trouble maintaining pressure.

Now that the utilities can read our meters remotely I wonder how long it will be before households who use water out of proportion to, say, the number of bedrooms, start to receive attention from the utility companies?

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Now that the utilities can read our meters remotely I wonder how long it will be before households who use water out of proportion to, say, the number of bedrooms, start to receive attention from the utility companies?

A sort of aquatic big brother?

Last ban, didn’t some authorities use helicopters to see if anyone still had had a green lawn? Probably use drones now.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I bet the helicopter story was a bit of disinformation. It's what the motorway Police hope to achieve by tweeting about every ANPR success.

Top Bottom