How long before a hosepipe ban?

• Tomorrow

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Next week

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Bleh! I’ll still use it anyway. My bike needs to be clean and shiny

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I've been out panic buying, just in case they DO bring in a ban on hosepipes. Best to be prepared:

Best-Garden-Hose-Selection-of-Garden-Hoses.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not stopped raining for more than a few hours since Friday.

The river 80m from our house is running really high whereas last week it was a trickle. We had kayakers on it yesterday. Fortunately it is also around 25metres down a rocky hillside below us. :smile:

Cracking the flags in Manchester land. Has been more or less all week. I tell the truth, Manchester is not rainy.

D

Deleted member 26715

I haven't followed the clickbait link, but what is wrong with journalism these days, why are they reverting to the lowest common denominator. Instead of the shock/horror/probe we're all going to die through lack of this/that/other, why not do a proper job & investigate average rainfall, what we each can do to help.

Saw one the other day saying that the 2 (yes 2) hot days last week nearly crippled the power grid, they took the positive that the grid had enough resilience to maintain power through unprecedented daily consumption & turned into a horror story of there may have been power cuts. What is wrong with these people, they are supposed to be educated.

Milzy

Guru
How do they police that? The population has been exploding over the last few years & they haven’t built any reservoirs around here since 1990. They should fix leaks.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I haven't followed the clickbait link, but what is wrong with journalism these days, why are they reverting to the lowest common denominator. Instead of the shock/horror/probe we're all going to die through lack of this/that/other, why not do a proper job & investigate average rainfall, what we each can do to help.

Saw one the other day saying that the 2 (yes 2) hot days last week nearly crippled the power grid, they took the positive that the grid had enough resilience to maintain power through unprecedented daily consumption & turned into a horror story of there may have been power cuts. What is wrong with these people, they are supposed to be educated.

frightened people are more likely to buy a newspaper than calm people ;)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
About 4 years

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Drives me, and many others, crazy this constant negative doom-mongering.

Sadly, some people seem to get sucked into it. One of our friend's daughter gets into a real state with headlines such as wildfires breaking out across the country.

Not related to your post but we (SE Lakes) have had a fair (normal) amount of rain since the end of the (very short) period of hot weather; plus we had one afternoon and evening where the rain was torrential. Local rivers look normal as of today.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How do they police that? The population has been exploding over the last few years & they haven’t built any reservoirs around here since 1990. They should fix leaks.

I noticed water bubbling up through the surface of a local road about a week ago. I cycled that way again today and it is still happening so I went on the Yorkshire Water website to report it. They were already aware of it and are apparently "investigating" it and several other leaks along the same road. They dug that road up about a year ago to repair the water main. It seems like they are just bodging repairs on something which should be replaced!

The water levels at several reservoirs round here were very low last week and I doubt that the heavy rain over the past couple of days will have made much difference. If it is dry this evening I might go out again and take a photo or two.

Top Bottom