How long did it take for you to give up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
I think @Sallar55 should attend their local square survivors group and get some therapy.

If they went for a drink afterwards, would it be a night on the tiles?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Cycling is transport, shopping, holiday and everything else vehicle. I can't understand why anyone would want to do something like cycling virtually or record every nuance of their ride in anything but photos. I am weird though. 🙂

Why photos? Don't you have a memory? Can't you take a sketch pad? You're far too reliant on technology. ;)

T4tomo

Guru
Cycling is transport, shopping, holiday and everything else vehicle. I can't understand why anyone would want to do something like cycling virtually or record every nuance of their ride in anything but photos. I am weird though. 🙂

A chap at our hockey club has logged every game he's every umpired, incl scores and how many card's he issued. He completed his 1000th game this season.

Some people like stats and data! I record "leisure" rides, but never commuting or popping to the shops rides etc. Sometime its interesting to look back on it, or dig out a route from yonks ago for whatever reason

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Reminders of what and do you know where my glasses are?

Have you looked in the fridge?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My name is SuperSuperLeeds and I am a Veloviewer square grabbing addict. My max square is 55

1652098681693.png

It is a great way to get you to ride different routes.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Cycling is a broad church and despite me doing everything from commuting, touring and MTBing to road/track racing and everything in between, I have not yet had the urge to drag my bike over a barbed wire fence with its GPS unit just to mark off a square on a map. Maybe one day, but for now no thanks.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Out of interest, what grid system does Veloviewer read.

Note this is NOT so that I can write some Python code to download and parse my GPS data from ridewithgps and figure out what my veloviewer map would look like. I'd definitely never do anything as pointless and time-wasting as that :whistle:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Note this is NOT so that I can write some Python code to download and parse my GPS data from ridewithgps and figure out what my veloviewer map would look like. I'd definitely never do anything as pointless and time-wasting as that :whistle:

It uses one of the google zoom levels, though I'm not sure which one. Each square is 900metres x 900metres.

EDIT:
Actually it is openstreetmaps zoom level 14

https://blog.veloviewer.com/veloviewer-explorer-score-and-max-square/

Alex321

Veteran

Hmmm. I'm still learning Python, and it is one of the languages we use in work. Training exercise?

Top Bottom