How long did it take for you to give up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Hmmm. I'm still learning Python, and it is one of the languages we use in work. Training exercise?

I wrote code for sucking data out of RWGPS and parsing the GPX a few years ago, but haven't touched it since. If you ever feel the need PM me and I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Mind you, if it's a training exercise - don't look at my code. I was generally guessing how Python might work when I wrote it so it would be the blind leading the blind.

Last edited:

C R

Guru
Reminders of what and do you know where my glasses are?

If you're anything like me you probably have them on ;)

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I wrote code for sucking data out of RWGPS and parsing the GPX a few years ago, but haven't touched it since. If you ever feel the need PM me and I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Mind you, if it's a training exercise - don't look at my code. I was generally guessing how Python might work when I wrote it so it would be the blind leading the blind.

Bit of a constricted language though.....

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Its quite easy to check out the ones with OCD behaviour. It's how big your max square is against your total squares. Mine is less than 10%

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Yes veloviewer is a game to encourage you explore but not along A roads, industrial estates or identikit housing estates. Better to concentrate on the cluster avoiding all the crap. 😀

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Just checked, 3%+ of 31848 tiles. My ancestors must have been nomads.

Screenshot_20220510-092918.png

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Out of interest, what grid system does Veloviewer read.

Note this is NOT so that I can write some Python code to download and parse my GPS data from ridewithgps and figure out what my veloviewer map would look like. I'd definitely never do anything as pointless and time-wasting as that :whistle:

So I had a bit of spare time. Here's my coverage of London/SE England. Graphics done in everyone's favourite data visualisation tool, Excel

1656354810158.png

Top Bottom