How long does a No Claims Bonus last for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Perhaps you are the cause of the high premiums? ;)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just amazing!!:ohmy: I changed a few details in my info' given. I told 'em I was a 'house person' and not retired as I've been telling them and I've now been given 3 sub £300 quotes instead of the usual £400 plus ones. Oh and I put down that my car is garaged overnight and has a factory fitted immobiliser,instead of the usual parked on a street away from home. But surely it's the 'house person' one that swayed it!:whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
Just amazing!!:ohmy: I changed a few details in my info' given. I told 'em I was a 'house person' and not retired as I've been telling them and I've now been given 3 sub £300 quotes instead of the usual £400 plus ones. Oh and I put down that my car is garaged overnight and has a factory fitted immobiliser,instead of the usual parked on a street away from home. But surely it's the 'house person' one that swayed it!:whistle:
Hopefully you won’t have to claim...ie if your car gets nicked from the street overnight

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ah,that'd be the one occasion where I left it on the street because someone had without consideration blocked my drive.:whistle:

Edit...Then of course i'd have to remember to be carrying my feather duster and wearing my floral patterned apron (house person style) when the man/woman from my insurance providers comes round to sort out my claim.^_^

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Edit...Then of course i'd have to remember to be carrying my feather duster (house person style)
when the man/woman from my insurance providers comes round to sort out my claim.:rolleyes:
Presumably you do some housework. It’s not a lie unlike the other two
Do you get benefits or an ‘old age’ pension? If the former, you’re presumably classed as unemployed (or unable to work due to disability) not retired? That may not be conducive to a lower insurance premium however

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Y
Presumably you do some housework. It’s not a lie unlike the other two
Do you get benefits or an ‘old age’ pension? If the former, you’re presumably classed as unemployed (or unable to work due to disability) not retired? That may not be conducive to a lower insurance premium however
Yes of course I do some house work, but i'm not spending all day cleaning,washing etc. So technically i'd be telling fibs if I classed that as my occupation/status etc. As for telling them about unemployment and disabilities etc, surely that''ll put the quotes back up,as both cases are seen negatively by society in general.

vickster

Legendary Member
Y

Yes of course I do some house work, but i'm not spending all day cleaning,washing etc. So technically i'd be telling fibs if I classed that as my occupation/status etc. As for telling them about unemployment and disabilities etc, surely that''ll put the quotes back up,as both cases are seen negatively by society in general.
You can only see. Depends if you wish to obtain the quotes truthfully I guess

You could get a Smart car and move next to Drago, probably bring your premium down if he only pays £100. Although you may only be swapping one gurning neighbour for another

Drago

Legendary Member
I pay £102 quid. That 2 quid makes all the difference.

I think the NCB protection was £6 or so, so without that it would be under a ton. Low risk car, garaged, 33 years NCB, lowest risk age band, retired from 2nd lowest risk occupation, advanced driver, low risk area, low mileage driver. I am a God from insurance heaven.

Top Bottom