How long does it take you to travel 239 metres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Niezwikly skok! indeed!

snorri

Legendary Member
I stood on the "launch pad" of the Holmenkollen ski jump near Oslo, just standing there was quite enough for me thank you.;)
I'm not a skier but found the ski museum and jump an interesting place to visit if you are touring in that area.

Keith Oates

Janner
It takes a lot of bottle to go for those jumps, Eddie the Eagle used to get some stick for his poor jump lengths but he had my respect for just doing the jump.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longers

Legendary Member
We stood at the top of the jumps in Calgary and took our hats off to anyone who would launch themselves off strapped to two planks.

During the summer they run a zip line down them and we were a week too late, I was secretly glad about that.

mr Mag00

rising member
rag doll :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
(I may have mentioned this before on CycleChat - I certainly have elsewhere.)

I got chatting to a Norwegian student at university. Apparently, one summer when he was a lad, he cycled to a ski resort with his mates. They were looking at a big ski jump and one of those 'mates' dared him to ride his bike down it. Being young, foolish and wanting to show off, he agreed to do it... :angry:

He remembered thinking at one point that perhaps that wasn't the best decision he'd ever made! He landed badly and the bike disintegrated beneath him. I can't remember the full list of his injuries but it certainly included broken arms and legs, collar bones, ribs, fractured skull, internal bleeding. He spent the best part of a year in hospital. :biggrin:

I reckon that he was very lucky to survive. The way I look at it - cowardice exists for a reason! :angry:

Top Bottom