How many bikes do you have and which one is your favourite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
9 here though one of em is Maz's

Favourite is between my Ridgeback and Raleigh Equipe,

Most used is still the Trike in my Avatar

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
The burning question is “Where do you keep them all” ? I’ve been in cycle shops with fewer bikes than that LOL
We have a double garage with a fair bit of space, some are hung up some on the deck, the car remains outside! I know I have a bit of an obsession but apart from the two bikes I purchased new they have all been, in my opinion, bargains. I really enjoy fettling unloved bikes and bringing them back to life.

figbat

Slippery scientist
...oh and beyond my 5 there are three other's in the house that I have to maintain:

Kona Caldera alloy 26" hardtail; the wife's bike but in truth one of my cast-offs
Cube Race 240 24" kid's hardtail; lovely bike that my daughter has pretty much grown out of
Specialized Hotrock 24" kid's hardtail; a really nice bike my son is enjoying a lot.

There is also the prospect of my personal fleet going N+1 soon - I have sort of caught the retro bike bug; started with my Trek 830 build then enhanced by the purchase of a '79 Kingpin. This got me to remembering my first 'proper' MTB, a mid-90s Saracen Dirt Trax. I even perused classifieds to see if I could find one. Then I learn that the friend I donated my old one to several years ago has bought a new bike, so I enquired about the old one ("my" Saracen) - he still has it and has said I can have it back if I want it.

TempleDancer

Two for me.

Favourite is my Commencal Super 4. Not much by today's standards, but so much fun to ride, although I don't MTB so much these days.
IMG_0486.JPG

Most used is my singlespeed Plug. At some point, it will be replaced by something with gears, but prices and availability make that a no go at the moment.
IMG_1186.JPEG

C R

Guru
Only two.

Triban RC500 road bike, bought earlier in the year, my bike for long rides as long as it isn't too wet.

A no brand 90s rigid MTB bought for £45 when I was at university in 1999. Kept in the garage unused for a long time, I brought it back to life and refurbished it in 2016 when I started cycling again. Only the frame, seat and handlebar are left from the original. I now use it for commuting, utility trips, foul weather rides and rides with the family. Still my favourite because of the memories.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Tyres are flat ! 👅
Aye 3 hours later it looked like this.

I had 3 but had to give up 1 due to space/wife contraints. I got rid of my old steel commuter road bike so I have a Bob Jackson traditional tourer and a Dahon weirdo 26" 8 speed hub, disk break sort of folder as my everday all purpose bike. I ride the Dahon most of the time and really like it.
I should like by BJ more but it has always been troublesome when it comes to gears and brakes. That is probably more due to Mr Shimano than Mr Jackson.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

1. Trek FX2 Disc Hybrid.
Soon to be joined by a Canyon CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2 though. Bit of a gamble at the price but certainly expect that to become my favourite bike!
Had my eye on Canyon CF SL Disc 8.0 Di2 also. Won't buy it but I can dream of owning it one day 😅

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

I have 2 1/2. I have:

A Thorn tourer called Liesl.
A Trek Lexa called Margarita.
A Burley tandem called Tony (who is, as yet, unridden due to work needed that's impossible with Covid restrictions).

I will keep riding Liesl until I die. Interestingly, I've lent my road bike to my 10-year-old son many times but I never lend him Liesl. We have so many good memories together, me and that bike!

I still need a MTB...
It is nice how you named your bikes. I just call my one baby. 😊

pjd57

Veteran
A 12year old Carrera hybrid
A 3 year old Voodoo CX
A second hand Dolan preffisio road bike, I only bought recently.

Favourite.....love the Dolan, but will probably use it less than the others.
The old hybrid is great for shopping and carrying stuff.
The CX has been great , done thousands of miles on it , roads and paths.

So I can't decide.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I have 7...

A slightly up specced Van Nicholas Ventus (an early 50th birthday present to myself)
A Van Nicholas Ventus SE set up for mainly commuter duties with removable mudguards
A Spa Elan for all round duties
Planet X Pro-Carbon
Flat bar based around an On-One Pickenflick Ti frame
Giant Rapid 1 flatbar
On-One Bootzipper rigid 29er

I don't have a favourite as they are all be used (weather dependant) for commuting, leisure rides or shopping trips, plus four of them can be used off road to some extent. It just depends on what mood I'm in as to which one I use.

Top Bottom