How many bikes do you have and which one is your favourite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
As I build, restore, buy and sell, we always have lots of bikes around but these are my 5 keepers. An eclectic mix, but I love them all.

2012 Raleigh Ti Replica, just a lovely bike and reminds me of being 15 again.

2007 Specialized S Works Epic, a bit like Triggers broom, not much of the original bike left, and always temperamental, but on a good day when it all works it’s a truly brilliant bike.

My Ribble Dedacciai EM2 “Shimpagnolo” turbo trainer bike, built up out of odds and sods, but far better than the sum of its parts.

An early 1995 Mk2 Brompton, this has been rebuilt and updated, no explanation needed, everyone should own one of these.

And my latest acquisition, a Van Nicholas Amazon, I’ve wanted a Ti bike for a while now and this is just lovely, it’s now my workhorse and this summer I’ll use it for longer rides.

904268F1-B888-4181-8AD7-E84DE818AA54.jpeg

Last edited:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Eleven , 9 bikes and 2 recumbent trikes.

My ICE VTX trike is my favourite thing to ride closely followed by my Van Nicholas Zephyr. .... Or my Longstaff tourer .... I'm getting my Guerciotti Record back on the road ready for better weather and that is rather nice . ... There again my 2000/1 Specialized Enduro has got me back enjoying MTBing so ... Oh i don't know !

Caperider

4 -sals
a bucksaw favorite , scott speedster s-50 flat bar conversion ,'03 vision recumbent i restores and super mirage motobecane '82 vintage

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-21-16-12-28~2.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-21-16-12-28~2.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2021-01-05-14-21-03.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-05-14-21-03.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2021-01-05-14-22-51.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-05-14-22-51.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
I have had a lot of bikes but the three I have now I am happy with. a CX a Road Bike and a MTB, but I am always on the lookout for another, I am that content with the three I have, I talked myself out of Raleigh Dynatech Ti that looked in very good condition.

OnOne Pickenflick
Cannondale Synapse
Trek Procalibre MTB

The favourite has to be the OnOne.

Last edited:

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Four (ish)
An Alu Ribble road from about 2005 with Campag Centaur and Campag proton wheels.

An Alf Webb 531c with a mix of Dura Ace and 105 with indexed down tube shifters and SUP rims.

A Gillott frame fixed 48x19 (not an old Gillott unfortunately, one of the bought out ones but still nice)
Large flange Campag track hubs :okay:

A Scott hardtail MTB

I also have a rather neat Ribble with Campag Daytona/Centaur on American classic wheels that I had set set up for time trialing. ( I was never much good anyway!)
but have converted back to road and my partner rides it.... no idea who it belongs to then :headshake:

If I could keep only one it would be the Alf Webb. When I had it re enameled, I had eyes brazed on the back so it will take a rack for light touring. I have clip on mudguards on it but strip it down with light tyres and its great.

johnblack

Über Member
Blue Axino
Cannondale CAAD 8
Trek Procaliber

The Blue is my favourite, because it's my summer bike, must be at least 10 years old now, ex team bike, such a great ride, great uphill and fast on the flat, such a comfortable bike, love it.

However, the CAAD is great fun and can take a hell of a beating so always goes with me to Belgium.

The Trek 29er just does everything really well, but is a bit dull.

Landsurfer

Veteran
3 bikes;
Raleigh Record Ace ... ish
Raleigh Sirocco
And ....
My go anywhere Jamis / SPA super bike .... I love it ...

mattobrien

Guru
I'm always looking to expand the stable but running out of niches that need filling and allow my to justify adding to it.

I am in the process of building a light weight bike, which should be finished for the spring. Just waiting for a few components to arrive, like the 49g saddle, 126g bars and 70g stem.

Once I have that then I am really struggling to find space for much else, let alone the opportunity to ride it. I could probably do with help justifying a few more bikes...

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I currently have 7.
My 1975 Dawes Galaxy which I got in 1976.
A 1978 Falcon Black Diamond.
A1997 Dawes Galaxy from new.
A 1998 Dawes Audax from new
A 2004 Condor Italia from new
A 2018 Condor Classico, a retirement present to myself.
A Brompton 3 speed from around 18 years ago.

Plus over the years I have had 3 bikes stolen, 2 the locks were cut and one old Peugeot taken from outside the indian takeaway one night, and sold on 3 more.

(3)
road bike - light love it for long solo summer rides
hybrid - great for family vacations & riding w/ same. also good for hard pack dirt trails or paved trails with light snow & ice when equipped with it's studded tires
mtb - past few years been having more fun weith this one, exploring & falling. used to go 4wheeling but now I get more exercise on a bike!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I currently have 7.
My 1975 Dawes Galaxy which I got in 1976.
A 1978 Falcon Black Diamond.
A1997 Dawes Galaxy from new.
A 1998 Dawes Audax from new
A 2004 Condor Italia from new
A 2018 Condor Classico, a retirement present to myself.
A Brompton 3 speed from around 18 years ago.

I'll take a wild guess that you might possibly have a slight preference for steel! :laugh:

I have 2, Mrs SnG has 2, each of us has a Brommie, principally for our touring plans.
The other 2 are a Genesis CDA30, and a Cube Reaction Pro ebike, which enables me to have to use some effort to keep up with Mrs SnG on hills.
My fave is the Genesis, but when I’m using the Nine Streets, that’s my fave 🤪

Top Bottom