How many CC'ers actually cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
I seriously get the impression most people on this forum do not actually cycle. The odd ride or two a year, a lot probably haven't even cycled in years.

The real threads on proper cycling related stuff like training are frequented by the same handful of people. Which leaves everyone else posting nonsense.

The answer to all cycling performance questions are met with 'just ride your bike more', which is awful advice but typical of the type of 'cyclists' here.

How many here actually ride proper? And how many like to talk to talk about pies, 60's shirt buttons, bolivian shoe horns and other pointless nonsense?
I get on my bike i put downward pressure on my pedal, i am propelled forward. am i doing it right?

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm sure there are other forums for serious cyclists.
I would have thought he should be out training with his pro team?

Me and the missus both like to enter into the spirit of cycling. I believe in safety, so bright lycra a must, but also having fun. The missus likes to look stylish too.
We took these pics of ourselves before yesterdays sunny ride...

a-scary-fat-clown-costume.jpg

sexy-clown-outfit-for-women.jpg

Please note we both wear helmets

midlife

Guru
I think the clue is in the name of the forum, it has the word "chat" in it.

Try TeamSwift ? http://www.teamswift.org.uk/about.htm

Shaun

MiK1138

Veteran
Me and the missus both like to enter into the spirit of cycling. I believe in safety, so bright lycra a must, but also having fun. The missus likes to look stylish too.
We took these pics of ourselves before yesterdays sunny ride...

View attachment 114229

View attachment 114231

Please note we both wear helmets
Not sure the missus' clothing is entirely appropriate, I mean 3 pom poms on her boots REALLY!!!!! thats just excess weight IMHO

ScotiaLass

Guru
Define riding 'proper' for me.
I ride a hybrid bike with panniers to the shops, I ride a MTB on trails, I sometimes wear lycra, sometimes I don't ride for a few weeks depending on the weather or my health.
Am I not a 'proper' cyclist then? Am I not allowed to discuss anything other than technicalities of riding and how many thousands of miles I've ridden this year? I think I'd be a boring fart if I only did that!

Instead of antagonising those of us that ride for pleasure and/or fitness, maybe you should cycle off and find a forum where there's less 'pointless nonsense' being discussed :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom