How many CC'ers actually cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
There is no such thing as a proper cyclist.

Me, I don't own one stitch of cycling clothes, no funny shoes or even a plastic hat. I ride rickety old bikes, slowly and do not subscribe to any cycling fads and fashions.

On here I contribute and learn about the technical aspects of keeping those rickety old bikes going but mostly get involved in the music threads and pointlessly arguing with others who also like to pointlessly argue.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Me and the missus both like to enter into the spirit of cycling. I believe in safety, so bright lycra a must, but also having fun. The missus likes to look stylish too.
We took these pics of ourselves before yesterdays sunny ride...

View attachment 114229

View attachment 114231

Please note we both wear helmets

Which one are you?

hedder2212

I come on here because unlike most other forums which are full of idiots like yourself its like a community.
I ride whenever I can, Which isnt easy. I ride a mountain bike, usually i ride in jeans and a tshirt. Does this make me less of a "proper" cyclist than you?
No. Its not about beating the latest strava record and having the lightest pedals. Its about getting out on your bike and enjoying yourself.
Do us all a favour and order some more from just eat so we dont have to see your shoot on here.

vickster

Legendary Member
I come on here because unlike most other forums which are full of idiots like yourself its like a community.
I ride whenever I can, Which isnt easy. I ride a mountain bike, usually i ride in jeans and a tshirt. Does this make me less of a "proper" cyclist than you?
No. Its not about beating the latest strava record and having the lightest pedals. Its about getting out on your bike and enjoying yourself.
Do us all a favour and order some more from just eat so we dont have to see your shoot on here.
Next time he has Japanese from a dubious establishment, perhaps he should try the fugu from the trainee chef? :whistle:

classic33

Leg End Member
Intresting..........
What?

you should send them to blazed obviously , he is the only proper cyclist after all

Not just serious, but one of the best!

It's been a couple years since I've cycled. I used to cycle a lot, I was one of the best. However I went for a short ride on the weekend and was getting overtaken by 70 year olds doing their weekly pub ride.

I've got slightly less than one month before I cycle from Hertfordshire to Edinburgh. The route is not 100% exact yet but it's going to be roughly 440 miles.

In the past I would have done this in 3 days whilst spending the night times on pub crawls but I'm a lesser man now. I would imagine 5-6 is more realistic.

Interested to hear the best possible training I could do over the next month.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom