How many CC'ers actually cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
440 miles ? Not cycled for a while ? used to be "one of the best" ?
My serious advice is........
Start out with a few 10 milers.............building up gradually so you can do a 30 miler with only 5 stops.
Do NOT wear those silly namby pamby padded shorts.......you need to harden up.
When the big day comes put some very coarse sand paper between your a*^%e and your undies and just go for it. If you feel any imagined discomfort don't worry as it will be psychosomatic...........do not stop for the first 100 miles.
You can trust me.

He's probably "in the zone" or possibly in a "time warp".

snorri

Legendary Member
I have some objects in the shed. Odd shapes made of metal or carbon and they have round things attached to them. Are they bicycles and what exactly should I do with them???
Sounds like bicycles, but the deciding factor would be the presence of thin plastic semi circular covers held over each wheel by thin metal rods fixed down near the axles.

subaqua

What’s the point
I seriously get the impression most people on this forum do not actually cycle. The odd ride or two a year, a lot probably haven't even cycled in years.

The real threads on proper cycling related stuff like training are frequented by the same handful of people. Which leaves everyone else posting nonsense.

The answer to all cycling performance questions are met with 'just ride your bike more', which is awful advice but typical of the type of 'cyclists' here.

How many here actually ride proper? And how many like to talk to talk about pies, 60's shirt buttons, bolivian shoe horns and other pointless nonsense?

Really, seemed to be good advice from Eddy Mercx . How many big races did he win tho eh.

And you seem to be putting cyclists into a tiny box that only roadie racers can be in.

I suppose my 150 plus miles per week on my commute and riding for work in normal day to day clothing not dressed up in Lycradex (sic) means I am not a cyclist in your little world.

What about my grandad whose bike had pushrod brakes , big white rubber brake blocks , white rubber pedals and a chain cover . Is he not a cyclist.

Or my daughter who despite being teased off it , rides her bike to school frequently rather than get the bus. Is she not a cyclist .

Or my 8 yr old son on who getting his new bike home today was so desperate to ride it said he would have a quick sandwich instead of the nice snacks we had as the snacks meant a little less time on the bike. The same boy who asked if he could ride it go school on 1st day back and asked if he could help Me service my bike tomorrow. Is he not a real cyclist?

As Vernon says .....

Oh and cycling plus definitley wants your subscription . Which £700 energy gelbarliquid do I need for a short ride, indeed.

I'd just like to say that proper is an adjective, not an adverb.

thank you.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I seriously get the impression most people on this forum do not actually cycle. The odd ride or two a year, a lot probably haven't even cycled in years.

The real threads on proper cycling related stuff like training are frequented by the same handful of people. Which leaves everyone else posting nonsense.

The answer to all cycling performance questions are met with 'just ride your bike more', which is awful advice but typical of the type of 'cyclists' here.

How many here actually ride proper? And how many like to talk to talk about pies, 60's shirt buttons, bolivian shoe horns and other pointless nonsense?

Are you feeling a bit inadequate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom