How many CC'ers actually cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Not just serious, but one of the best!
I don't know. In 2013 there were a fair number (about 1000 I think) of people who rode from London to Edinburgh in less than 5 - 6 days. I suppose they may have done it in an incorrect fashion or without due seriousness which would mean they are not "one of the best"

Did we ever find out how he got on?

I think he's still being scalped by the grey brigade.

What a fascinating subject; I am so glad you brought it up.

With myriad styles and a long history the shoe horn was to be found in the court of Queen Elizabeth I.

Personally I favour the long handled form as it is easier on my poor, aching, unexercised back.

The Bolivian shoe horn is unknown to me; do you have photos?

I seriously get the impression most people on this forum do not actually cycle. The odd ride or two a year, a lot probably haven't even cycled in years.

The real threads on proper cycling related stuff like training are frequented by the same handful of people. Which leaves everyone else posting nonsense.

The answer to all cycling performance questions are met with 'just ride your bike more', which is awful advice but typical of the type of 'cyclists' here.

How many here actually ride proper? And how many like to talk to talk about pies, 60's shirt buttons, bolivian shoe horns and other pointless nonsense?
I don't ride much at all, no siree Bob, not me, forget that, cycling, on a cycle forum? WHAT?

Brandane

Legendary Member
I reckon that @blazed 's food poisoning has affected his brain.
I ride my bikes (3 of them) whenever I feel like it; 3500 miles this year. When I'm not cycling I would rather read about pies, 60's shirt buttons, and bolivian shoe horns; rather than boring sh!te (IMHO) like training.
I would have thought that most "proper" cyclists already know enough stuff about their particular style of cycling that they don't need to read about it on a forum.
You trolling nobber :rolleyes:. Can I recommend something nice for your dinner tonight?

Last edited:

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I seriously get the impression most people on this forum do not actually cycle. The odd ride or two a year, a lot probably haven't even cycled in years.

The real threads on proper cycling related stuff like training are frequented by the same handful of people. Which leaves everyone else posting nonsense.

The answer to all cycling performance questions are met with 'just ride your bike more', which is awful advice but typical of the type of 'cyclists' here.

How many here actually ride proper? And how many like to talk to talk about pies, 60's shirt buttons, bolivian shoe horns and other pointless nonsense?

I just read your other post where you asked for advise on how to train for a 440 mile ride.

You say you used to ride and you were one of the best ( you don't say at what level though ^_^) You also said you are into weight lifting and that makes me think you are looking for a training plan that you can follow the same way you do for weight lifting.

I have to say that your OP is out of order.

For what it's worth, for a 440 mile ride, you should concentrate your efforts on endurance rather than speed. You only have a month to train and that's not a lot for somebody that hasn't done any riding for a while. If you can handle it then try to increase your distance 5% - 10% every day or every other day until you can cover the distance you are planning to cover on one full day's ride. That is a very simplistic plan but it might just be what you need :smile:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
It's been a couple years since I've cycled. I used to cycle a lot, I was one of the best. However I went for a short ride on the weekend and was getting overtaken by 70 year olds doing their weekly pub ride.

I've got slightly less than one month before I cycle from Hertfordshire to Edinburgh. The route is not 100% exact yet but it's going to be roughly 440 miles.

In the past I would have done this in 3 days whilst spending the night times on pub crawls but I'm a lesser man now. I would imagine 5-6 is more realistic.

Interested to hear the best possible training I could do over the next month.

Thanks

Just ride your bike.

classic33

Leg End Member
I just read your other post where you asked for advise on how to train for a 440 mile ride.

You say you used to ride and you were one of the best ( you don't say at what level though ^_^) You also said you are into weight lifting and that makes me think you are looking for a training plan that you can follow the same way you do for weight lifting.

For what it's worth, for a 440 mile ride, you should concentrate your efforts on endurance rather than speed. You only have a month to train and that's not a lot for somebody that hasn't done any riding for a while. If you can handle it then try to increase your distance 5% - 10% every day or every other day until you can cover the distance you are planning to cover on one full day's ride. That is a very simplistic plan but it might just be what you need :smile:
You noticed the date as well!!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

yebbut, if he was once one of the best then he'd know all this anyway:headshake:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Me and the missus both like to enter into the spirit of cycling. I believe in safety, so bright lycra a must, but also having fun. The missus likes to look stylish too.
We took these pics of ourselves before yesterdays sunny ride...

a-scary-fat-clown-costume-jpg.114229.jpg
See you've been losing more weight again, @mr messy. Don't overdo it, now - we need you fit for 'the season'. :bicycle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom