How many of you are famous? (Cycling related)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure I would want my online persona so openly linked with my real world life. Famous, infamous or neither.
Yeah. Because, like, they're all out to get you. Wooo! :rollseyes:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I'm obviously known of in the cycling comunity, i've had stuff published by the CTC and LCC. Been on the TV and radio several times.
My recent inclusion with the Times has lead to a few intresting e-mails, including being asked to test new cycling products and having the owner of the bike shop I got my bike from e-mailing me and asking to do some work with him because he recognized the bike in the video.

How do we define fame? random people knowing who you are? or being in a blockbuster film?
I get people approaching me on the commute because they know who I am and want to ask me something, I've been recognized when I go into a bike shop which i've never been into before.

Is that fame? Meh who knows? Who cares? Not I, cycling is not something you do for fame, and neither is campaigning, you do it because you love cycling!

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
To define fame: Being recognised by a healthy amount of people who you have never seen before or have no relation to because you have appeared to them in some sort of media. It could include recognisable features such as the type of bike you have, having a camera on your head, or what you wear. It could also be your attitude, whether good or bad.

I was talking about fame of any scale, worldwide, national, or just in your town.

I myself have only appeared on TV once, but been in the local paper many times. I am not famous in my local area but I would cherrish the fact if I was. (Although I do beleive I am starting to becaome famous for the wrong reasons).

yello

We all know CycleGaz, CyclingMikey, Traffic droid, and AlexWarrior.

I don't. In fact, I only recognise one of them as being on the forum!

I don't know if it's fame exactly, but I'm known in my local town as the Englishman who rode PBP. Word spreads you know. Women falling at my feet... and men for that matter, the pavements are icy.

Herbie

Veteran
I get on famously with people. Does that count? :thumbsup:

I know somebody famous...played football with him when i was a youth...he went to captain Scotland in the 1998 World Cup...my football career never took off

I've been on the TV, radio and in the papers regarding my bicycle related business, and also because I run the Norwich AlleyCat: I am being interviewed about the Norwich Alleycat by a Japanese journalist Friday afternoon.

I've taken coffee with John Parrott and many moons ago stood at the bar next to the drummer from Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

JP's a nice down to earth bloke, the other fella was up himself.

Top Bottom