How many of you are famous? (Cycling related)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've taken coffee with John Parrott and many moons ago stood at the bar next to the drummer from Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

JP's a nice down to earth bloke, the other fella was up himself.

Funny you say that.
I used to work for FGTH and the drummer (Ged) was the nicest guy out of the whole band.

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
My Mum is a cousin of Neville Neville, which I presume makes me some sort of distant relation to Phil and Gary Neville. I used to play cricket against them in my teens, (I played for Eagley Cricket Club while they played fro Greenmount Cricket Club), but TBH they wouldn't have a single clue who I was.

Gooner Mad Dog

Actually I dont know the cyclists you named erm perhaps you can enlighten me or at least put a link to their sites will have a look at work and so bored.......get me out of IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh its mind numbing !!!!

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
We all know CycleGaz, CyclingMikey, Traffic droid, and AlexWarrior. But are these people just famous and popular to us cyclists or do other members of the public know them (everyone in London seems to know the traffic droid).

Gaz has his own Silly cyclists website and Cycling Mikey is the recumbent of London.

Do people outside of our little world know who we are or just us? Do you feel being online is the only fame you can get (if your wifes allow it).

A long time ago, I managed to close the Gibraltar border, whilst being in Malta, does that count as being (in)famous?

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
Mrs TyT has long dreamed of achieving celeb status.

Last year I took her to a black tie dinner.

We hailed a London black cab in Blackfriars Bridge Rd. (apparently there are about 19000 London cabs)

She got in in first.

As I settled in next to her the cab driver spotted me in the mirror and said "I know you, you're TyT I've seen you at ........"

I certainly don't consider myself famous, but boy did I milk that moment with SWMBO.

Top Bottom