How many of you are famous? (Cycling related)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
We all know CycleGaz, CyclingMikey, Traffic droid, and AlexWarrior. But are these people just famous and popular to us cyclists or do other members of the public know them (everyone in London seems to know the traffic droid).

Gaz has his own Silly cyclists website and Cycling Mikey is the recumbent of London.

Do people outside of our little world know who we are or just us? Do you feel being online is the only fame you can get (if your wifes allow it).

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
The Amazing Shrinking Gaz? gb155.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Matthew - that depends on what you mean by 'famous'?

gb155 has been in numerous magazines, etc (I read an interview last year and it inspired me to get moving)

I've been on TV/news/education media and have my own radio show. But I'm not 'famous'!! - although if you Google 'David Lane Dewsbury' a video of Danyl Johnson (X-Factor semi-finalist) @ my house comes up :eek: ('David Lane Leeds' is worse) - note the videos are the old 'fat' me :huh:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I've been on TV/news/education media and have my own radio show. But I'm not 'famous'!! - although if you Google 'David Lane Dewsbury' a video of Danyl Johnson (X-Factor semi-finalist) @ my house comes up :eek: ('David Lane Leeds' is worse) - note the videos are the old 'fat' me :huh:
TBH I have just watched it and it seems that Danyl was the only one really enjoying himself. There are numerous times when everyone just looked bored (including your daughter).

Actually let me correct myself: Danyl seemed a little over enthusiastic (adding bits to the song which made you cringe).

I am sure it was an enjoyable occassion though.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
TBH I have just watched it and it seems that Danyl was the only one really enjoying himself. There are numerous times when everyone just looked bored (including your daughter).

Actually let me correct myself: Danyl seemed a little over enthusiastic (adding bits to the song which made you cringe). I am sure it was an enjoyable occassion though.

It was a good night - the clips just cover a bit of it. I think we were overwhelmed; 5 of us, Danyl and his crew (6 of them) plus ... video and 7 newspaper reporters/photographers. We couldn't fit into the house!

Oh, and the little girl's not mine :eek: The two boys are - she's a friend (and her mum) of my youngest. There aren't two grown women living with me in my house, honest

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I once took a wee next to Fabian Cancellara in Bern train station...do I win?

I've been on the telly a few times - usually as the indignant cyclist - in things like 'So you think you're a good driver?' Credited in one of Ballantines book, been in magazines and Newspapers and interveiwed on't radio. But I am not famous. On the fame scale I am a Z.

Thank ****. Wealth I would embrace with open arms but you can keep fame.

However I did once say hello to Rolf Harris on a zebra crossing.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Not sure I would want my online persona so openly linked with my real world life. Famous, infamous or neither.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I shook hands with Colin Charvis after the Merlin Sportive a few years ago. This puts me well up the A list somewhere near the Obamas.

Top Bottom