How many of you planning to ride Christmas Day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Every possibility that I will get out on Christmas day, weather permitting. As long as I'm home for mid afternoon so I can get showered and changed, and ..... head off to work :sad:.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Every possibility that I will get out on Christmas day, weather permitting. As long as I'm home for mid afternoon so I can get showered and changed, and ..... head off to work :sad:.

What is it you do? I used to work for a well known NHS call centre up there and Christmas and new year was the busiest period. Everyone used to dread having to work it :sad:

Brandane

Legendary Member
What is it you do? I used to work for a well known NHS call centre up there and Christmas and new year was the busiest period. Everyone used to dread having to work it :sad:

Taxi driver, so it will be a busy night. Spent 20 years in the Police so well used to having the festive season written off! It was a very busy time of the year for us. Night shift on Hogmanay into New Years day was the worst night of the year, and I caught it for 6 years in a row in the mid 80s, then again for a few years at the turn of the century, including the night of the new millenium.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I was told I could go out(read: GTFO until lunchtime you P.I.T.A). I'm not quite sure what to make of that but this is my first full christmas off work so I guess it's only right to make the most of it

Wonder will Satan bring me snow studs in CX sizes? :biggrin:

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I don't envy you that at all. I swore I'd never go out on Hogmanay again when I spent a good three hours in a taxi queue in Glasgow in sideways sleet. There were so many fights that the police were guarding the taxis and allocating them accordingly. Good old Glasgow :wub:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't envy you that at all. I swore I'd never go out on Hogmanay again when I spent a good three hours in a taxi queue in Glasgow in sideways sleet. There were so many fights that the police were guarding the taxis and allocating them accordingly. Good old Glasgow :wub:

Thankfully I am not in Glasgow, but on the sunny costa del clyde; aka Largs. Shouldn't be too bad here, but it does have its moments. In the bad old days, I was in the Police in the Greenock area. Now THAT had its moments - every day was Hogmanay!

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I come from Port Glasgow so know Greenock well, mores the pity! Largs is one of my favourite places but I don't get to go very often what with living on the wrong side of the border.

We're staying with the in-laws in gloriously flat Peterborough over Christmas, and my in-laws are stupidly nice to me so I'll probably have so little domestics to do, which means riding!

Also my brother in law will be back from Paris with his first road bike so the chances of us heading out a few times are very high indeed.

As for actual Christmas day, well we'll see...
Want a couple of tyres a bit earlier? You are only 25 mins away [from Peterborough centre]. You could even come over for a ride, I'm sure I could get a few more together, how long are you there for?

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Want a couple of tyres a bit earlier? You are only 25 mins away [from Peterborough centre]. You could even come over for a ride, I'm sure I could get a few more together, how long are you there for?

Yup, the in-laws are in Netherton, we're not going until Christmas eve though, so I'm not there yet! I'm definitely bringing my road bike to Peterborough with me so I'll see how plans develop.

Yup, the in-laws are in Netherton, we're not going until Christmas eve though, so I'm not there yet! I'm definitely bringing my road bike to Peterborough with me so I'll see how plans develop.
Excellent, only 23 miles away. HlaB is in Peterborough too, I'm sure he would be up for a ride if he is around, there are bound to be a few CC'ers up for a pootle, I'll contact them all over the next couple of weeks.

Top Bottom