How many times have you fallen/been knocked off your bike?

How many times have you been knocked off/fallen off?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Inspired by @400bhp 'fall' today I was wondering what the average number of times us cyclists have ended up on the floor.
Think I am up to 4 times now in just over 4 years.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
3 times
1: A punctured tire losing traction on a roundabout
2: Trying to trackstand (never tired again)
3: Not getting my foot out of toeclips quick enough.

Last edited:

400bhp

Guru
hmmm

I reckon I've been on the deck 10 times in the last 4 years. 3 were due to ice, with 2 being on the same ride most of the others cos i ride like a c0ck.

One with daughter on a child seat and one with daughter in a trailer.:whistle:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Nothing at all in (runs out of fingers and toes) 25 years or so. And that was only because I'd been drinking. In my life I've been knocked off once (as a young teenager) and come off once (also as a young teenager).

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Wasn't knocked off, but as I was going over narrow bridge near my home wvm decided to go over the bridge by going right down the middle of the road. I tried to move over as far as i could, but my left hand handle bar caught on the stone wall, was ripped out of my rignt hand and I nearly went over the stone wall and I to the river dovey. Its a good job it had a high wall.

Ended up with a sprained wrist and ankle. I had a lucky escape.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Knocked off on a roundabout by a car and been doored as well, been off on ice far to many times to remember

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
My first was an extreme slow speed clipless moment trying to do a U-turn in the park :blush:

2nd was trying to stop my baseball cap blowing away on a very windy ride home, must have pulled the front brake a bit too hard as I went to grab the hat with my left hand, over the bars I went :blush:

3rd was @400bhp's fault :whistle:

4th was a front wheel v mud incident, strangely he was on that ride too :whistle:

VamP

Banned
Dozens of times. But then I do a lot of off road racing. It's kinda de riguer there.

Not been knocked off by a car yet.

400bhp

Guru
My first was an extreme slow speed clipless moment trying to do a U-turn in the park :blush:

2nd was trying to stop my baseball cap blowing away on a very windy ride home, must have pulled the front brake a bit too hard as I went to grab the hat with my left hand, over the bars I went :blush:

3rd was @400bhp's fault :whistle:

4th was a front wheel v mud incident, strangely he was on that ride too :whistle:

Hmmm, spotting a pattern here:whistle:

@SportMonkey has been off a few times on the way to meet us too.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
hmmm

I reckon I've been on the deck 10 times in the last 4 years. 3 were due to ice, with 2 being on the same ride most of the others cos i ride like a c0ck.

One with daughter on a child seat and one with daughter in a trailer.:whistle:

You weren't trying to emulate the Jackass stunt they did with the fake baby in the bike seat were you. :laugh:

Top Bottom