How many times...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
There are those of us that are of a great age now, those who can nod wisely without saying anything and younger people look and say 'Yep, that slightly older person has done it all, lived the dream, can pass on age old wisdom, picked up the hard way...'

And yet...

There are things that you do and you have to think to yourself.. 'Bugger...again? I did that last time and it hurt/didn't work/fell off/fell over/floated off and was never seen again. (Delete as applicable) Haven't I learned?'

So I thought maybe it would be handy, and perhaps funny to others, to have a place to get these things off our chest, to let others know that you are not alone in your repeated lack of learning, so that others may look at this, laugh and point and say 'Yeah, I did that too, but not as stupidly as you did.' or something similar. Maybe we can learn something.

I'll start..

When you are 183cm tall, and your garden shed has a doorway which is 175cm tall, bounding enthusiastically into the shed to pick out the bike you are going to ride today is not advised. It can hurt, and not just for this time but for the other 17 times in the last 3 years that you promised yourself you would remember this fact.

:B):headshake:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Agreeing to do something you know is going to be crap, and yet you go ahead and do it anyway because you don't want to let someone down, even thought it will cost you money, time, be a PIA.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I'll start..

When you are 183cm tall, and your garden shed has a doorway which is 175cm tall, bounding enthusiastically into the shed to pick out the bike you are going to ride today is not advised. It can hurt, and not just for this time but for the other 17 times in the last 3 years that you promised yourself you would remember this fact.

:B):headshake:

Always wear your helmet before getting the bike :thumbsup::laugh:

OP
OP
IDMark2

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Always wear your helmet before getting the bike :thumbsup::laugh:

Actually, I thought the way round it was to keep the bikes in the house... but your way might be more diplomatic. :smile:

DISCLAIMER: With this jocular comment I am not entering in to debate about the safety or otherwise of wearing or not wearing a crash helmet in any situation where it may or may not have been scientifically proven to save lives or scientifically proven not to, or change the attitudes of people that may see you wearing or not wearing said crash helmet or other protective equipment. (I think that covers it..)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Actually, I thought the way round it was to keep the bikes in the house... but your way might be more diplomatic. :smile:

DISCLAIMER: With this jocular comment I am not entering in to debate about the safety or otherwise of wearing or not wearing a crash helmet in any situation where it may or may not have been scientifically proven to save lives or scientifically proven not to, or change the attitudes of people that may see you wearing or not wearing said crash helmet or other protective equipment. (I think that covers it..)
Or make the door of the shed higher :wacko:

Good disclaimer - I should have thought of that :shy:

OP
OP
IDMark2

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Or make the door of the shed higher :wacko:

I could do that.. but... unfortunately I have noticed that the relationship between the height of the door and it's lowest point is somewhat umm.. pre-defined. Therefore raising the top will probably only result in passing through the door in a slightly horizontal attitude due to tripping over the now higher bottom lip of the door, probably multiple times until another lesson learned can be posted here... ^_^

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I could do that.. but... unfortunately I have noticed that the relationship between the height of the door and it's lowest point is somewhat umm.. pre-defined. Therefore raising the top will probably only result in passing through the door in a slightly horizontal attitude due to tripping over the now higher bottom lip of the door, probably multiple times until another lesson learned can be posted here... ^_^
Totector cycling shoes :thumbsup:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

Buy another shed?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Take the towel into the bathroom for a shower and switch the extract fan on before I start showering and then have to get out to nip across the landing carpet, dripping wet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom