How much do you sweat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I usually cycle at a pace which does not cause me to sweat.
If it is necessary to rush for some reason, then easing off for the last mile or two can help minimise any sweating.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Quite a lot if i'm riding on my own, a lot less when I'm with others as the pace is steadier.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
TBH I don't actually sweat that much compared to other riders.
Not on the commute unless i really push it, and On a longer ride very little unless its again pushing up toward the 18mph average mark.
Not that I'm fit, just don't comparatively perspire as much.

+1,
i'm no sweaty git :thumbsup:

tyred

Legendary Member
I do seem to sweat a lot, enough to rust my bicycle frames because if I push hard the sweat will be dripping off me and on to the crossbar. I can see the paint damage on my favourite road bike!

Even on gentler rides, I may not feel if I am sweating very much but if I stop at a shop or cafe, once I go insiode, I find myself dripping sweat while standing at the counter which is very embarrassing.

Sara_H

Guru
I glow (ladies don't sweat) quite a bit! my ride to work is only five miles, but the last stretch is uphill - I've alwats got a dab on when I get there!

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I glow (ladies don't sweat) quite a bit! my ride to work is only five miles, but the last stretch is uphill - I've alwats got a dab on when I get there!
Men perspire, ladies glow and only horses sweat. However when they are on a bike a horses sweat is more from fear than exertion.

Top Bottom