How much does your bike weigh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dark46

Veteran
My Hybrid weighs in at 13.1kg

bpsmith

Veteran
My Defy 1, with Campag Zonda's weighs exactly 8kg. That doesn't include the weight of people who have posted deliberately pointless answers above.

Cubist

Still wavin'
My Defy 1, with Campag Zonda's weighs exactly 8kg. That doesn't include the weight of people who have posted deliberately pointless answers above.
To be fair, the original poster doesn't come on here very mmuch any more, and folk always talk about bike weights in the polarised camp of " my bike weighs x kg" so it must be awesome, and the " it doesn't matter what it weighs as long as you enjoy riding it" camp. Just as the debate is settling down someone will come along and tell us weight is immaterial if the rider is a bit of a fat knacker and it all kicks off again.

So. My steel framed hardtail is 11.5 kg with dropper seatpost. My carbon 140/160 mm travel trail bike weighs 13. 6 also with dropper seapst and pedals, and my road bike weighs 8.6 kg. I enjoy riding them, AND I'm an old arthritic fat knacker. So were does that get us?

Cubist

Still wavin'
[QUOTE 3153814, member: 259"]That carbon is a waste of money. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Hardly. It's very, very stiff, and isn't the sort of carbon frame that is designed to be light. It does however perform brilliantly and is a thing of utter beauty. Ibis Mojo HD.
Best Head badges in Cycling

bpsmith

Veteran
To be fair, the original poster doesn't come on here very mmuch any more, and folk always talk about bike weights in the polarised camp of " my bike weighs x kg" so it must be awesome, and the " it doesn't matter what it weighs as long as you enjoy riding it" camp. Just as the debate is settling down someone will come along and tell us weight is immaterial if the rider is a bit of a fat knacker and it all kicks off again.

So. My steel framed hardtail is 11.5 kg with dropper seatpost. My carbon 140/160 mm travel trail bike weighs 13. 6 also with dropper seapst and pedals, and my road bike weighs 8.6 kg. I enjoy riding them, AND I'm an old arthritic fat knacker. So were does that get us?

I was just being ironic with my post, as the second part falls within the deliberately pointless comment itself. Perhaps too subtle, but no offence was meant. ;)

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
All bolts under stress have been replaced with aerospace grade titanium, and all bolts not under stress are now nylon.

Which bolts aren't stressed?

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
Nearly enough. Took that on a 40 mile romp to Soton today. I've discovered a muscle in my leg that I never knew was there.

Attachments

• IMAG0509.jpg
    IMAG0509.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom