how much is too much

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
on a lighter note i have just watched a vid of this guy buying a homeless guy lunch! what a gent.

Gary E

Veteran
Just to try to get the thread back on subject......

I'm not making a judgement one way or the other about riding with cameras, it's a personal choice as far as I'm concerned

BUT- I wish I had the kind of money that all that kit must have cost him to spend on a bike :laugh:

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
there was a lot of gear i personally wouldnt blow a whole load of cash on it as i dont ride in the city i am usually pootling along an a road in bedfordshire so never really have many close calls.
but if i ever decide that i need to cycle in the city i may cosider as they can be a deterent for motorists who dont really like us!

Gary E

Veteran
For me cycling is my antidote to stress so I'm very pleased that I don't have to run the gauntlet that some of you do while commuting.
I have concidered getting a cam just to see if it's possible to capture some of the genuine joy I get from riding, especially with mates.
To be honest what's put me off is all the self appointed police work that a lot of cam-cyclists seem to be doing.
I'm not trying to take the moral high ground, in fact it's partly because I'm not sure I could resist doing the same thing that has made me hold off getting one so far.
Like I said; it's all about the joy :smile:

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
for me cycling started as a means to an end but is quickly becoming a hobby! i enjoy getting on my bike and like yourself fear i would be spending evey morning noticing rljers and people on the phone and then spend my evening reporting them!!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm not sure Matt always understands the way some of his comments are viewed by others, but I'd report it and let Admin decide what to do.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from my bowels

You guys know Matthew has autism right? Your social skills seem to be much worse than his. I doubt very much he's being at all racist.

Sorry to just pick on your post, Andrew, but that over-reaction and misunderstanding by the group seemed most easily embodied by your post.

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
You guys know Matthew has autism right? Your social skills seem to be much worse than his. I doubt very much he's being at all racist.

Sorry to just pick on your post, Andrew, but that over-reaction and misunderstanding by the group seemed most easily embodied by your post.
i am unaware that he has autism are you aware that some people may have found his post offensive? i think we shal leave it at that

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I want to apologise for my post. I did however think that it was at no way an increase on the word 'black', I simply meant that the colour chocolate was more to a genuine skin coloured person similar to the one being spoken about.

I dont want to go down this line of 'polotical correctness' and what should and shouldnt be said. If people are offended, then fair enough but my comment was not the worst that could have been said.

daSmirnov

Ohh don't mess with the Traffic Droid. 187Premises did the other day, shouted at him across the road to stop having a word with a motorist (on his video here View: http://youtu.be/xlbMR8WhSSs?t=2m50s
clip 10). What 187 cut out though was the Traffic Droid coming over grabbing 187Premises and throwing him across the road.... Well that's what I heard happened! :laugh:

If he can do that to 187 THINK WHAT HE CAN DO TO YOU.:biggrin:

Five cameras might be a bit extreme, but its clear he enjoys himself and doesn't get too stressed over stuff (anymore at least).

Drago

Legendary Member
I like shiny bike kit. It's yumm7y, and I could spend £££s buying it, and days simply stroking it. On the other hand I'm an old duffer so would rather not tote too much kit around, but still ride with 2 lights at each end.

Still, if it makes him happy, or brings him reassurance, or simply gives him a bit of a trouser tent then fair play to him.

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
I like shiny bike kit. It's yumm7y, and I could spend £££s buying it, and days simply stroking it. On the other hand I'm an old duffer so would rather not tote too much kit around, but still ride with 2 lights at each end.

Still, if it makes him happy, or brings him reassurance, or simply gives him a bit of a trouser tent then fair play to him.
hahaha

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
Ohh don't mess with the Traffic Droid. 187Premises did the other day, shouted at him across the road to stop having a word with a motorist (on his video here View: http://youtu.be/xlbMR8WhSSs?t=2m50s
clip 10). What 187 cut out though was the Traffic Droid coming over grabbing 187Premises and throwing him across the road.... Well that's what I heard happened! :laugh:

If he can do that to 187 THINK WHAT HE CAN DO TO YOU.:biggrin:

Five cameras might be a bit extreme, but its clear he enjoys himself and doesn't get too stressed over stuff (anymore at least).
looking back now and watching some stuff on yt i think the wonder of it all may have blinded me a little it may have only been 4 cameras but hey thats still 4 more than i have! :sad:

Top Bottom