how much is too much

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
You guys know Matthew has autism right? Your social skills seem to be much worse than his. I doubt very much he's being at all racist.

Sorry to just pick on your post, Andrew, but that over-reaction and misunderstanding by the group seemed most easily embodied by your post.

Yup I know, I had hoped my post explained that Matt might not always understand the way his comments are perceived by others, my comment about admin was purely for the reason that the non-members who visit this forum in their thousands might be less understanding.

Having run large public forums and spent years supporting adults with autism I was trying to be helpful, I can see how there was a margin for my own comments to be misunderstood. In future I shall keep my yap shut.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from my bowels

Octet

Veteran
It looks like Google Street View has taken a more environmentally friendly approach :tongue:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
p.s. tal
Ohh don't mess with the Traffic Droid. 187Premises did the other day, shouted at him across the road to stop having a word with a motorist (on his video here View: http://youtu.be/xlbMR8WhSSs?t=2m50s
clip 10). What 187 cut out though was the Traffic Droid coming over grabbing 187Premises and throwing him across the road.... Well that's what I heard happened! :laugh:

If he can do that to 187 THINK WHAT HE CAN DO TO YOU.:biggrin:

Five cameras might be a bit extreme, but its clear he enjoys himself and doesn't get too stressed over stuff (anymore at least).

Ah yes, did you hear how a little comeback comment upset some chap called AndyBoySimmonz, who was then offering money to anyone who could out 187Premises so he could track him down and have it out man to man?

Hawk

Veteran
Saw a guy on the train last night. Obviously a commuter from the kit he had on his trek.
Here is a list of what I saw on him/bike
No less than 4 cameras, air horns (2), more lights than I could count front and rear, seat bag Bum bag rucsack,bottlecages one of which had a big battery pack in for all his lights/cameras. And he then had another camera on his helmet along with more lights front and back!
Then once he had got on my train he produced a laptop from his bag plugged all the .sd cards from his cameras into yet another gizmo and watched his commute back(from 5 different angles)

Oh god, I literally just fell off my chair laughing at this :rofl:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I love watching Droid's videos, theres a fair share of the usual traffic encounters but lots of positive and genuinely random stuff mixed in there which I like and multiple HD cams :smile:

He must spend a fair amount of time and money on his set up, but It is very good. Ive been wanting to get a cheap (£50ish) small cam just to show friends some of the places I cycle, but I still cant decide which.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
For me cycling is my antidote to stress so I'm very pleased that I don't have to run the gauntlet that some of you do while commuting.
I have concidered getting a cam just to see if it's possible to capture some of the genuine joy I get from riding, especially with mates.
To be honest what's put me off is all the self appointed police work that a lot of cam-cyclists seem to be doing.
I'm not trying to take the moral high ground, in fact it's partly because I'm not sure I could resist doing the same thing that has made me hold off getting one so far.
Like I said; it's all about the joy :smile:
Perhaps you could mount the camera on the handlebars but direct it at yourself so we can all see you being a happy cyclist. I think it would make a nice departure from some of the very sombre and serious vids we see. :smile:

Octet

Veteran
Perhaps you could mount the camera on the handlebars but direct it at yourself so we can all see you being a happy cyclist. I think it would make a nice departure from some of the very sombre and serious vids we see. :smile:

That's what I've done, a couple of Velcro cable ties (can get them for about £0.10 per 10cm tie) and a piece of string to catch the camera just in case it falls. Fortunately the string hasn't had to be tested and it survives the rough and bumps.
I just used a small camera phone style camera, slightly shaky (need to work on shock absorption) but works happily :tongue:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
That's what I've done, a couple of Velcro cable ties (can get them for about £0.10 per 10cm tie) and a piece of string to catch the camera just in case it falls. Fortunately the string hasn't had to be tested and it survives the rough and bumps.
I just used a small camera phone style camera, slightly shaky (need to work on shock absorption) but works happily :tongue:
Velcro cable ties sound good. I'm already of the opinion that regular cable ties are the single most useful thing in my tool kit so velcro ones sound fantastic. Where did you get them from and are they actually called "velcro cable ties" or do they have some other name. I MUST have some.

Gary E

Veteran
Trust me, nobody would want to watch a video of that (including me) :laugh:
What I was trying to get at (badly) was that even on days when I have to force myself to be bothered with going out on a ride and even when I instantly start to regret it as I have to grind uphill at the start of my rides - there comes a point, a handful of miles in, where I suddenly remember why I like riding :smile:
Whether it's the scenery (doubtful round here) the fresh air or just the sense that I've left all my troubles behind, just for the duration of the ride, I don't know :dry:
Surely I can't be the only one who gets a high from riding? I'm not talking about Time Trialling or breaking PBs, I just mean from getting out on the bike.
The idea of recording the ride and setting it to a bit of quality music sort of appeals (Matt posted a good example of what I'm getting at HERE).
As I said, one of the things stopping me is the inevitable temptation to use in to mark other peoples riding/driving, I certainly don't want to bring that sort of stress into my riding :stop:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Sweet. You may have just changed my life, albeit in a very small way. I got an Amazon voucher for my birthday this year and have been looking for stuff to spend it on and hey presto. They look great and very useful. Don't understand why I wasn't aware of them before now. Thanks.

Octet

Veteran
No problem, good luck! Make sure you attach a piece of string to the handlebars and then to the camera though... just in case it slips out or something.

Ashaman42

Über Member
3104965283.jpg

Eeeeee, the thought of one of those bungies snapping makes my toes curl. Particularly if the fre end still has a hook attached. :ohmy:

Top Bottom