How much money do you invest in music?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I got thinking about this when I recently bought an old ipod classic off ebay. It was sold as spares or repair but in fact was only a battery issue.
I was amazed when I got it working to find that the previous owner had put 16,524 songs on it. Everything from classical to AC/DC. Must have cost him a fortune.
So how much do you spend annually or monthly ?

gbb

Legendary Member
Zilch. I use YouTube now.
I've long since lost interest in following one act or the other, and buying their media, whatever format is current. I just watch what I fancy on YT.

Drago

Legendary Member
At home I've an amp in the loft with speakers jn the ceiling and Alexa links to that via bluetooth. Most of my casual listening is via thqr and Amazon music, which Mrs D pays for so I'm not certain of the price (£5.99ish). I buy probably a tenners worth of cds a month, used via Ebay, and the occasional vinyl album.

kynikos

Veteran
Another one for £14.99 and Spotify. Keeps the whole family happy.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've got a couple of hundred CDs, a few dozen cassettes and a handful of vinyl (with nothing to play it on) but stream everything now.
The last CD I bought was Golden by Kylie and I only bought it to secure guaranteed presale tour tickets.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Zilch.

I have hundreds of CDs, vinyl and even cassettes but I can't remember the last time I put one of of them on. YouTube with a soundbar on the TV and a set of multi media speakers hooked up to the PC serve all my needs now.

Top Bottom