How much money do you invest in music?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Zero for me.
Haven't bought any music for 10 years or more.
I've got a collection of favourite CDs, a folder full of YouTube and free Spotify.
That covers pretty much anything I want to listen to.

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
this week £4-52 0n two Bob Dylan cds including postage and packing,plus £12-99 on a little cd player,because since my ipod nano gpt full i have been buying cds off ebay at really low low prices.

At least a couple hundred a year. I used to have hundreds of LP's and a nice player, but switched to CD's when they came out with better sound. Stopped buying CD's when Apple offered lossless downloads and have been pretty much a purely digital download person for about 10 years. These days I pay for Apple music each month which means we have access 50 million songs which I can either stream or download. Though I still buy the odd CD as Apple doesn't have everything. After cycling, music is my second biggest fun expense each year.

Jimidh

Veteran
I used to spend a small fortune on music and would easily buy 4-5 CDs a week and before that at least one vinyl album a week, however now i’m an avid Deezer streamer and only occasionally buy a vinyl record if i’m passing a record shop and something takes my fancy.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Not a great deal, I have a vast amount of vinyl that I have amassed over the years, the rest I listen to via Spotify

However, if anyone has a copy, I am looking for the classic NS stomper of 'Sunshine Is Her Way' by Mainchange on the Nebula label

Rare things now, hate to think what it would cost..

Nothing: I never even really listened to music when a teenager: I found it overwhelming.

I spent a long time thinking I was weird, but then realised I probably have High Sensory Processing Sensitivity. So I'm weird, but with a better name.

One of the most famous bits of dialogue with Beautiful Wife from the earlier years of our marriage:

AinG: That was a nice track, which group was it?
BW: (Pitying look) The Beatles...

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
Not very much usually. I have involvement in local festivals as a volunteer and do still buy some CDs from new acts I come across if I like them and am willing to support up and coming acts who might need it. Otherwise I often prefer older music anyway and I will already probably have a copy or I just use Youtube as I figure The Beatles or whoever do not need any more money.

Top Bottom