How much should I offer?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

No reply about the road bike but I got a reply about the 22" frame. He's still got it, it's worth a punt at £10, right?

HovR

Über Member
No reply about the road bike but I got a reply about the 22" frame. He's still got it, it's worth a punt at £10, right

Go for it! I'd be snapping that up if I were nearer Glasgow!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Right, I've got the frame! It's not in terribly good condition, it's rusted at some parts and the paint is chipped. I think it could be a really nice frame if it was sanded down and repainted.

The seatpost is stuck in the seat tube, I'm going to get a bottle of WD40 tomorrow and let it soak and hope for the best. I can't figure out what make of bike it is, the only decal has worn away. It has Weinmann brakes, one Huret downtube shifter and Nicklin cranks.

I hope that I can renovate this bike!

compo

Veteran
The seatpost is stuck in the seat tube, I'm going to get a bottle of WD40 tomorrow and let it soak and hope for the best. I can't figure out what make of bike it is, the only decal has worn away. It has Weinmann brakes, one Huret downtube shifter and Nicklin cranks.

I hope that I can renovate this bike!

There are far better penetrating oils than WD40. You would be better with something like Plus Gas. if you can get a cup of diesel that's even better. With penetrating oils you have to be patient. They can take several days to work, and with seat posts it is always possible that they may not work at all depending just how stuck it is.

Good luck with it!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

The seatpost is free! I found some oil in my cupboard, poured it over the seatpost and then twisted the post about with a pair of pliers. It finally budged and then it slid out! :biggrin:

M1fmqRe.jpg

Top Bottom